Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bigdog46

New to me Sovereign 18 Hydro

bigdog46

Picked this up today for $266. The serial no. on the 18 hp Kohler command engine denotes it is a 1995. The guy I bought it from said he got it at an estate sale and that it had been sitting in a barn for some time and he did not know any details about it. He had to buy it in order to get a Gravely tractor that he wanted really bad. I hooked up a battery to it when I got it home and it started up but would not idle. The carb is probably dirty. The deck looks decent also. I think I got a good deal.

sov182.jpg

sov182.jpg.94d625c899e2ec1831c3eef604277e29.jpg

Simplicity7013H
quote:Originally posted by yukon

my favorite sovereign ive had about 10

id="quote">
id="quote">I like the early 7016 Sovereigns better but I can't say I dis like any simplicity model. That's a nice tractor you were able to score

PhanDad

Great score. It'll be a great tractor for you.

It looks in great shape, especially the deck. Let us know what you find under the deck covers, hopefully it's in the same shape as what can be seen in the pic.

bigdog46

Thanks, I did get a good deal. I sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb while it was running and now it runs and idles good. Drove it around the yard today and I believe it runs the fastest of any Simplicity hydro that I own.

bigdog46

No haggling, that is what the guy had the tractor priced for on Craigslist. I did not try to get him to come down as he already had the tractor priced cheap. I also bought a couple of good front tires for $15 each from the guy. I did drive 200 miles each way to get the tractor but met with some friends for lunch on the way home.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AllisChalmers716
    • Tired Iron
    • CarlH
    • AC710
    • SmilinSam
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Trevor Hostetter
      Trevor Hostetter
  • Recent Status Updates

• Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
    • thedaddycat

thedaddycat  »  SmilinSam

It's in pretty sad shape, but yes I have a yellow plastic cap that I'm fairly certain is what you need. PM me your details and I'll get it out to you.
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts