Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
aspeltz1

Snow Blower Lift Height

aspeltz1

Anyone know how to increase the lift height on my 36" snowblower. It's mounted on a B10 with hydrolift. The front collar is already slid as far back as it can go, tight to the rod guide.

steve-wis

How high is it lifting it now? I don't have one on a tractor like yours, but have had them on a 616 yeoman, 6216 simplicity and also the one I have now on an Allis T816. If it is lifting it 3 inches or more you may be as high as it will go. I know on my 816 the ears on the back of the blower housing will hit the hitch if I try to lift much more than 3 or 4 inches.

Steve

dentwizz

If you have a counterwieght you can put it on the lower mount hole. It will decrease leverage but increase travel. Keep in mind the chute will come close to the tip of the hood and may bang.

theniteowl

The lift rod could be too long or your hydro lift may not be traveling as far as it should.

Your B10 should be the same as my 101s, 2010 and B112. They all lift nicely.

It is easy to peek at the hydraulic ram and see if it is moving as far as it can. If is not then you may have a leak so you are not getting full pressure.

Check how far the lift arm moves without the lift rod for the snow blower connected and how far it moves when it is connected. If they move the same amount then it is most likely the lift rod is too long.

It is very easy to make of those rods if needed.