Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sliderxc

belt question

sliderxc

does anyone know what belt I need for a single pull snow thrower mounted on a allis 916 its the belt that runs from the cone clutch to the snow thrower thanks for your help Happy Thanksgiving

PhanDad

It's the long one; Simplicity Part #1666798; it's 147.1" long.

It's expensive; I've used a blue kevlar belt with success. Specifically belt A144K A-section; VBELTS4LESS.COM Part #A-A144K. It's a little shorter, 146", but works OK on my GTH-L.

BLT

A-144 belt purchased from USA Bearing and Belt $10.49 thru E bay postage paid 2-3 days. That is where I get my mower belts also. Next best blower belt price wise has been NAPA for about $20.00 ea.

BLT
quote:Originally posted by CTD01

Bob I couldnt find a number for napa for that long of a belt. Do you have it? Also 144 is long enough?

id="quote">
id="quote">A145 (147"0 belts are hard to find, but A144 (146")are plentiful and there's room for it. If you have an account with NAPA, they are in the range of $18-$20. List price is more. If you have time you can shop the web. Just make sure it is an A144, not a conventional 146" belt. There is a difference.;)