Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Late Fall Stripes

PhanDad

Hopefully I've mowed and vacuumed leaves for the last time this season. About time to get the tractors ready for winter. It's been unusually warm here in SE PA so the grass I planted in some areas had a chance to grow for a while. The lawn doesn't look too bad considering what it looked like in October with very little rain.

IMG_9087a.JPG

IMG_9083a.JPG

IMG_9084a.JPG

IMG_9087a.JPG.3216f95ec624d276a752d9e79710992d.JPG

IMG_9083a.JPG.6a6c6806124809a1903a77d3202a29fa.JPG

IMG_9084a.JPG.0758d220521a0d99e7c17759f5f50972.JPG

I mowed/mulched mine last night. Even taught the neighbor a new trick with his craftsman tractor. Heard him swearing a storm at his bagger setup plugging in the thick leaves. Almost every lap he would have to stop and un plug the chute, so I went over and introduced(never met that neighbor). We talked a bit and I suggested using it open-chute to start out so he wouldn't clog as fast. At first he was politely stubborn of "I know how..." so I left it at that and later watched him as I was working on my car.

He switched over to what I suggested and that craftsman was blowing a storm of leaves looking like a silage loader. Once he finished he came over and said in an earnest tone with a smile, "I didn't realize that would work so well. Thanks for the tip."

sm01

quote:Originally posted by dentwizz

I mowed/mulched mine last night. Even taught the neighbor a new trick with his craftsman tractor. Heard him swearing a storm at his bagger setup plugging in the thick leaves. Almost every lap he would have to stop and un plug the chute, so I went over and introduced(never met that neighbor). We talked a bit and I suggested using it open-chute to start out so he wouldn't clog as fast. At first he was politely stubborn of "I know how..." so I left it at that and later watched him as I was working on my car. He switched over to what I suggested and that craftsman was blowing a storm of leaves looking like a silage loader. Once he finished he came over and said in an earnest tone with a smile, "I didn't realize that would work so well. Thanks for the tip."sm01

id="quote">
id="quote">What a great neighbor, that is such a good tip too, nice that he thanked you and you got the satisfaction of helping out. Enjoy the holidays.

What a nice green lawn!

No more mowing here in WI. No snow yet, but approx. 20 degrees at night, very low 30's in the day.

My primary use for these old tractors is lawn mowing. I enjoy the stripes and nothing cuts grass like a simplicity. Nice work on your lawn! Looks great!

quote:Originally posted by Tacey

My primary use for these old tractors is lawn mowing. I enjoy the stripes and nothing cuts grass like a simplicity. Nice work on your lawn! Looks great!

id="quote">
id="quote">My newer Broadmoor cuts better than my older Large Frames. Any ideas as to why?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts