Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Road trip/new find

720nut

I understand trip for a tractor I once went from Minnesota to Maryland to pick up parts tractor. That said I enjoyed the trip.:D:D

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

Patience my friends

id="quote">
id="quote">Makes me think of Herbie goes to Montecarlo. The bad guys are trying to steal a diamond and the one guy is getting aggravated because he can't pick up the diamond with his grabber tool. He's getting mad. The other guy's catch line that he says throughout the whole movie is "Patience Quincy, patience my friend." By that time Quincy has about had it.

900-ish is all I can do in a day...and I have yet to commit to an overnighter. This must be a heck of a find!

OK here we are, you all know I've been trying to find a grill

newb207 005.JPG

newb207 004.JPG

newb207 003.JPG

newb207 002.JPG

newb207 001.JPG

I found this in Greene NY last week and was not going to let someone out do me. I got to see daughter and grandson and granddaughter while I was out there. Big treat got to meet Dan Lonnen (Rokon2813)also, lot of miles left Monday morning at 3am got home at 8am today

57e0621de6236_newb207005.JPG.483f6f479b76ed4785abfc8611e780d0.JPG

57e0621e01c3d_newb207004.JPG.6be89c46aba9b6c3a664ae774c66c7b1.JPG

57e0621e0f4be_newb207003.JPG.404599248df37de3a8bd4952e28ce286.JPG

57e0621e1a99d_newb207002.JPG.3d1bcfabef3310ef5caabe01407de469.JPG

57e0621e295d8_newb207001.JPG.dfa2b1d0f1673adca3c6b7d62e2c78e9.JPG

Yeah Mark, first one I've found complete and has the good parts I need for restoration of my other 207. Really hate to tear this one apart but sometimes you've got to give all for the team.

Awesome Lloyd! That's a great lookin package!

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

Really hate to tear this one apart but sometimes you've got to give all for the team.

id="quote">
id="quote">it looks repainted, so tearing her down to save another wouldn't keep me up at night! Go for it! Your project should fly now. =]

Yeah it has all I was in need of plus lights and tire chains. Paid a little much but want parts and for months could not find. Oh cost me a small fortune in gas but I guess that's what we do for love of this great hobbie.

Nah...the gas was for the trip to see family. The tractor just "happened to be there". Besides, gas is as cheap as I can remember...since I could drive.

Wish I had "family" in Iowa right about now...

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Nah...the gas was for the trip to see family. The tractor just "happened to be there". Besides, gas is as cheap as I can remember...since I could drive.Wish I had "family" in Iowa right about now...

id="quote">
id="quote">Who needs family...Just schedule a hunting trip, and pick up tractors on the way back! Would that Fly, Josh? sm06

Originally posted by Mike_H
quote:
id="quote">That would do the opposite of 'fly' around here. Maybe in a couple years. But then, Id HUNT.

Nice looking decksm01 Last one I had of those the spindles were seized.

My first pickup pair of LLs with attachments was Lancaster pa to Lake Placid NY. Took 3 days start to finish. I love long journey trips, it's just rare to be able to justify a goal in doing so. Looking back, that was when NY gas was $4.00 a gallonsm00

Nice score Lloyd and I would agree that you don't count the gas and cost against the tractor when you also visit family. A nice twofer!

I've got a 09 Chevy 4x4 with 6.0 likes it's gas. I realize gas is cheap right now but sure burned a lot, Didn't like 70-80 running. But anyway I'll get back to the project at hand. Hope to have 207 done by Feb. May part this one out after I scavenge the parts I need.

Sorry guys just figured it up, not near as bad as I thought,averaged 11.3 mpg

Was nice meeting LLoyd, we had a good chat.

Talked a little tractor, talked a little grandkid. ;)

fishnwiz, gas here in western NY is still around 2.39 :o

11.3 literally SUCKS!..I get 17.5 on my Ford 5.4L. Seems the harder you drive it the better the milage??

Dan, gas around my parts is never cheap so I am sure it won't last long. We have super high fuel tax in Wisconsin.They could make a heck of a lot more if they raised the tax on beer and cheese curds but then I would have to get a 2nd job!sm00

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

11.3 literally SUCKS!..I get 17.5 on my Ford 5.4L. Seems the harder you drive it the better the mileage??

id="quote">
id="quote"> Our old Ford F100 gets about 11 miles per gallon. A 302 V8 is in it right now and it's got gobs of power but it just guzzles the gas. My 7117 guzzles gas too. Or newer Ford Ranger on the other hand gets about 18 city and 21 highway according to the sales brochure.

On the highway even my 454 does better than that. At 68 mph I can squeeeze 15 mpg with no trailer. I can do almost 11 around town....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts