Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ready for snow

steve-wis

Here are my two workers for winter, the little 627 with push blade for the lighter snow, and the Allis T816 with 42 inch blower for the heavier stuff. already had a 5 inch snow, wet like cement, that I blew with the Allis. Plugged twice before the summer cobwebs were cleared from the chute.

DSC01715.JPG

DSC01716.JPG

DSC01715.JPG.8e82a4be0219aa6091a280f899027915.JPG

DSC01716.JPG.345dd2edb1f556a59b2c244bb733b810.JPG

Thanks for the compliments! The 627 came in a trade with Josh for a B206 Allis that I had. The Allis T816 was picked up when I lived up in Wisconsin. The guys grandfather had this for a project, then got sick and passed away without touching it. The engine was shot, the hood was solid rust, flat tires, etc. The Varidrive was locked up from sitting. I pulled the engine, and took it, along with a decent shortblock and another spare non running engine, and with parts from all three made a running one. Painted the hood, freed up the Varidrive, and found the rest was in pretty good condition. Over a few years added the blower, a 42 inch heavy spring trip blade, a tiller, and a 12 inch moldboard plow, along with the hitch to mount them.

Josh,

Snow stayed here for a couple of days, slowly melting, then yesterday we got 1.5 inches of rain, a bit of freezing rain, and now today it is windy, cold, dreary, and no snow. I was glad to be able to do the playing that I did, but I got a feeling there is more in my, and your, future! Didn't use the 627, am waiting for the tire chains to show up that I ordered. It sure did a great job mowing all summer tho!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• oldsarge
    • StanD
    • TheFlash300
    • Darl Swartz
    • Tarheel
    • PRMax9020
    • Ronald Hribar
    • lt-scir
    • AC710
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts