Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I aquired a Lombardini diesel motor **NEED HELP**

Webn237

I aquired a lombardini motor 10LD400-2/B1. I dont know much about the motor. I do know it needs a fuel pump. I am planning on putting it in a golf cart so any help with the motor would be much appriciated. Any ideas where to get a fuel pump? Any sugguestions on a transmission?

Ive been trying to figure out how to post pictures but not sure if I can. But any idea where to find an electric pump? I tried to find a regular fuel pump or feed pump but hard to find. Ive been tossing the idea around about putting a little turbonon it so Im assuming Id need a little more fuel pressure

Part number 6585.079 lombardini number superceded to:

ED0065851390-S kohler number

Google it I just bought one from tewarehouse.com for $61.86.

Now how are the motors themselves? Are they reliable? And is there any possibilities to add a small turbo to them?

Also any certain type of transmission work best for it?

The engines have plenty of power as they are. I personaly would not add a turbo to it. As for reliability as long as you take care of it they are a good engine. Parts can be expensive and sometimes hard to find. I had a 920 diesel and i wish i would not have sold it.

The engine is very reliable if maintained. Besides oil changes and air filter maintenance, keeping the air cooling fins clean is extremely important. They will clog up quickly if you use it for mowing.

As for power, if you are using it with the usual attachments, power will not be a problem. In fact, I've reduced the driven pulley size on my snow blower and rototiller so I can throttle back.