Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B1 or 725?

Coleman

I have now 1 AC B1 loader which has become my parts tractor and a running really well Simplicity 725 which is my runner. I am going to install the loader on to the 725. I will also install the longer steering column from the B1 to the 725. My question now is which model do I choose and is it just a color preference? Is a B1 loader more valuable than a 725 loader? The metal is really good on both. This could also become a Allicitiy tractor. I also intend to put the dual rear tires on the 725 or B1 now that I have the wheels. I will have to fabricate the wheel connectors. Any thoughts?

quote:Originally posted by Coleman

Since my 7 and 9 year old are helping me with there tractor project I will let them decide what we shall do.

id="quote">
id="quote">Hreat idea! It will mean the most that way. Simplicity didnt offer loader until the 412 loader for the Landlord. The B-1 and L10 loaders were Allis only.Yes, you can still use a mower with the loader installed, but you may find yourself starved for power as the loader pump runs with the engine.

Good point. Didn't think of that. I am putting my B1 loader on the 725 because my boys want a red tractor. I guess I will buy another tractor for the mower deck. Wife will be thrilled to hear that. Great picture of your children and thank you for the input.