Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB212 Steering wheel cap

DDP021

Hi again..I had posted before regarding paint for an HB212. I neglected to ask if anyone knew where I could obtain the center steering wheel cap for the HB212?..I believe its clear with the small AC logo on it. Hoping someone still makes them. Thanks for any help/direction!

Dave

Nope the B110 and B112 caps were different than the B210 and B212.

The later series were a plastic cap with fastner clips and an AC decal in the center.

The B110 series were a metal cap.

Does anyone know if the AG tractors shared the late B series cap? There are a variety of AC Ag tractor steering wheel cap repops available, and one type may match. If I remember correctly though, the B series cap has a knurled edge.Here is a very common AG wheel cap:

s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEERING-WHEEL-CAP-Allis-Chalmers-170-175-180-185-190-190XT-200-210-220-6060-/300753811072

While not the most elegant solution, I've used a black cap from a spray can that fit snuggly inside the steering wheel center. It looks more finished than looking at the end of the steering shaft and keeps water & debris from collecting.

I'm not sure about the size but the AG tractor caps are molded differently. They are more like an early Sears Suburban cap or a 300 Series AC.

If you can't find anything else, I'm fairly sure the black cap from a mid 80's 7100 series will fit the steering wheel of a B-200 series. It's been a long time since I tried it, but I seem to remember that fit.

Thanks everyone for the info/suggestions...It's one of those things that even if someone is parting the tractor out, its usually one of the things missing or cracked..I know the cap is clear with knarled outer edges...The tractor I'm redoing was originally bought new by my dad back in 1970..He worked at an AC dealer and kept track on who had bought it after he traded it in..Once he decided to sell (some 30 years later) he let us know...Trying to restore it back as original as I can...Down to the minor details...sm01