Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

replace wiring harness

Smolenski7

I have a 2006 simplicity prestige. Long story short, I need to replace the wiring harness. Does anyone have any information that can help me. I was thinking of a website possibly or maybe a wiring diagram.

for a machine that new, you can probably get it from Jacks small engine, parts tree, or any other number of repair websites. They should have a parts breakdown, to show you what part number you'll need to order.

Replacement won't be real easy though...

I have one Prestige Parts manual, here's the cover and electrical info pages:

PrestigePartsCover.JPG

PrestigeWire1.JPG

PrestigeWire2.JPG

Use the "sticky" post above "Simplicity Product Support & Manuals Link" to get copies of the manuals. You'll need the tractor mfg#.

PrestigePartsCover.JPG.a77bc5c0479fc7354fe01c26bc7475e9.JPG

PrestigeWire1.JPG.c35dbca3ded3c917830ddd2033eb4690.JPG

PrestigeWire2.JPG.86ccb86b9b0a61c3d0467811a3d06065.JPG

Thanks for the replies. I have the harness already, I found a used harness from a 2004 Pregtige on Ebay that my dealer thinks will fit. I was hoping to get refer to something a bit more specific than what can be found on Partstree.com or in the manual. Any idea?

I found the tractor on Craig's List just over a month ago, got it for $1500. It was a great deal for a 2006 Prestige with just over 200 hours. Since then I've put about $500 into it because I didn't feel comfortable enough with my skills as a mechanic. I've had one head gasket replaced, valves adjusted, and carburetor cleaned. I then have done numerous other things like fix the back end, change the tranny oil, fix the power steering, and a couple of other things too numerous to mention.

The last major item on my list, not including refurbishing the deck, is to reconnect all of the safeties that the previous owner disconnected for some reason. I think, and I've been told, that replacing the harness will be easier than fixing his mess.

I would love to actually see what I have to do. I don't think it will be quite as easy as plug and play. And, the harness I have came with the head light harness too. I really don't need that, and I don't know if I could simply cut it off or if I should just keep it intact and replace my headlights too?