Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 608 LTD

eggman

Good evening all. I haven't been here in a while, and when I am I spend most of my time lurking, perusing topics and reading and gleaning all the info I can. You guys are incredibly knowledgeable, and I thank you for that. To my question...

I have an AC 608 LTD that I got from a neighbour about 15 years ago for next to nothing with a Craftsman snowblower. I haven't used it to the extent I could, and while my good wife badgers me to sell it, I won't. It's in incredible shape, as I keep it in my shed covered most of the time. I got some new belts from Sandy lake a while back and installed those this past summer. I even got some NOS headlights for it off of ebay in the summer. Anyways, I've been itching to get a snowthrower attachment for it. I know they made a 36 and 42 inch available, and that the 36 would obviously be better for the lowly 8hp engine. I cannot for the life of me find anything here in Ontario, Canada. I've looked for the past 4 years and nothing. I'm sure someone has one rotting in the back 40 somewhere. Could someone tell me what else might fit with some work or a lot of work. I don't have any trouble getting my hands dirty or fabricating when needed, so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Wade

Almost all of the 36" blower heads will work, you simply need to get the right mounting and you also need the lift lever assembly.

Your 608 LTD crosses to a Simplicity 4208.

I see this blower set up offered quite often on our local Craigslist. Perhaps you best bet is to simply place a wanted ad here in the SimpleTractors classified ads.

Tom

Wrong bracket, Lloyd.

That one work on the 717 / 728 type Broadmoors

and the AC homesteater and B-207/208.

His tractor is the newer Broadmoor style.

Tom

All I can is WOW, and thank you, you guys are helpful. I have looked on Craigslist in the past, all over the USA for that matter, and never had much success. I must not have been paying much attention. I just hopped onto the forum to see if anyone had responded to my request, and wow. Tom, you're right, how stupid of me. I should have just placed an ad on this forum. That one for sale for 100 bucks in Southbend looks like a 42 inch. I'll be in touch with the guys who have one for sale. I'm working all weekend out of town, so I'll jump back on to the forum Sunday evening. Thank you again.