Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anybody hear of a Simplicity 4210?

Anybody ever hear of a Simplicity 4210? It's not in the X-ref table, or anywhere else on SimpTrac. I suppose it could be the same as a 4211, but with a 10 HP instead, or it could be a mistake in the classified ad (not here, but a local ad). Any other ideas?

Greg

4000 series started out with the 4008, then the 4108, then the 4208, then the 4211, then the hydros. Somewhere along during 4212 production they made a batch of 4210s that were sold on a promotion, I don't remember what year, but remember selling them they were all gear models. Re: 5000 series was built in 11, 12, 12.5 and 16hp versions, 12.5 and 16s, both twins were the only hydros. 5111 and 5116 were both gear models. Hydros didn't come till the 5200 version. 4200 and 5200 are nearly the same frame, the hood and shroud over the tank, wheel size and front spindle height were the main differences. Later the 4200 was called the RTH, and then The New Broadmore style hood was added and it was called the Regent. The next year the current Regent with the 38" mower replaced it. Hope this helps to clear up some confusion instead of adding to it. AL

You did a better job than I could have on this one Al,The only thing in my info I found was 4211G,4211E and 4211H in '84 I believe,BTW LAWN TRACS ALL! Good explanation sir! dlc

FYI. Just added a couple of pics of a 4212 to the Gallery. Here's one of them....[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/4212_br.htm'][img src='http://www.simpletractors.com/images/gallery_images/4112_br.jpg'][/a]

Greg, The 4210 sounds like an older model of the 5212 that Dave said was a lawn tractor. Maybe he can shead some light on this one. Could the 4210 be a missprint and it be a 4211. If we are talking Briggs engines I think they no longer offered a 10hp when they had the 11hp. Tim

Tim,
Yea, I thought about a misprint, except this has been for sale for months now, (with the price continuing to drop 8') and it specificially claims in the ad to have a 10 horse engine. I'll probably call and ask just to satisfy my curiosity, but I really don't think I want this tractor. It has a grass catcher and tilt trailer all for $800. But I think you're right--it's just a 4000 series lawn tractor, like a Regent, and I would rather have something I can drive a snowblower and tiller with. But, if I could get it for $500...that's tempting. Definetly a step up from my 32" Wheel Horse rear engine rider. (Yea, I'm just a Simplicity wanna-be) And there just aren't many for sale in my neck of the woods.

Greg

I have heard of the 4210 before, seen it advertised at a dealer near me in the past. Not sure that I have ever seen one before or that it ever existed.

The 4212 that I currently use had the optional 36" snowthrower attachment that mounted on the front.

I talked to the seller last night. He bought it new in the early 90's, but couldn't remember what year. Paid $2300 for the tractor, twin grass catcher (unassisted) and the biggest tilt trailer Sim sells. He wasn't sure of the deck size either. He assumed it was a 42" because of the 42 in the model name, but then conceded it could be a 30-something deck. If he still has it on Monday, I'll probably take a ride up to see it.

Does anyone know what the deck size probably is? If it is only a 36 or 38, I probably won't bother. I want at least a 42.

Thanks,
Greg

I just re-checked the Quick Ref table and saw that the 4000 series had a 36" right discharge deck. Oh well. Correct me if it's wrong.

And btw, Al, you have an amazingly deep well of information. Thanks, I really appreciate the effort you put into your answer(s). Hope you don't mind the "SimACyclopedia" coinage, but I think you deserve it!

Thanks,
Greg