Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Hick

Brinly-Hardy Plow (repost)

Hick

Went to the farm today to pick up a lawn tractor (B208S) for one of the guys here. While there, asked my brother about a plow his bro-in-law had for his MW tractor. He dug it out of the pile, and I hauled it home. Bigger than I was expecting! Looks like a 12" bottom.NOW, how do I go about mounting this to my D-A 1920?

Brinly%20Plow%201_zpsb4olkux6.jpg

Brinly%20Plow%202_zpsbjsdrbci.jpg

Brinly%20Plow%203_zps7dt8ph5u.jpg

Hick

Measuring from the landside to the tip of the share, it measures 12".

Now, anyone out there have a sleeve hitch for a Sunstar or D-A 1920? :)

I think I can make the rear lift, did on my two JDs anyhow. 8D

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by Hick

Measuring from the landside to the tip of the share, it measures 12".

id="quote">
id="quote">That may be, but it's not the width of the furrow. You would measure a plow from the landside, to the outside of the furrow, or 90* from the end of the share.

Chris727

Looks like a 12" to me. There were 12" Brinly sleeve hitch plows but they are much less common. I restored a 10" this fall and Hick's plow appears to be substantially larger. Another distinction is the reinforcing strap between the moldboard and the landside, though I have seen that on a few 10's also.

Hick

From all the measurement pix (which is how I measured it) and memories of Voc Ag class (don't ask how many years ago!!), I'm staying with 12".

Besides, Bigger is Better!!;)

And looking at pix of the sleeve hitch that I've found (JD calls them Integral), I can probably make one of those, too.

Perhaps a hybrid that would fit the JD and the D-A.

(can I talk about JD here? ? ;) )

acken

It looks like a 12", and could have even started out in life as a 3 point version. I believe the horizontal cross bar bolted in the same place as the sleeve hitch clevis you see dangling in the picture. I converted a 10" sleeve type to 3 point for a Sunstar, so I don't see any reason why it couldn't go both ways.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• GregB
    • CarlH
    • Bill725
    • littlefan
    • DTS
  • Today's Birthdays

1. rokon2813
      rokon2813
      (56 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts