Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brinly-Hardy Plow (repost)

Hick

Went to the farm today to pick up a lawn tractor (B208S) for one of the guys here. While there, asked my brother about a plow his bro-in-law had for his MW tractor. He dug it out of the pile, and I hauled it home. Bigger than I was expecting! Looks like a 12" bottom.NOW, how do I go about mounting this to my D-A 1920?

Brinly%20Plow%201_zpsb4olkux6.jpg

Brinly%20Plow%202_zpsbjsdrbci.jpg

Brinly%20Plow%203_zps7dt8ph5u.jpg

Measuring from the landside to the tip of the share, it measures 12".

Now, anyone out there have a sleeve hitch for a Sunstar or D-A 1920? :)

I think I can make the rear lift, did on my two JDs anyhow. 8D

quote:Originally posted by Hick

Measuring from the landside to the tip of the share, it measures 12".

id="quote">
id="quote">That may be, but it's not the width of the furrow. You would measure a plow from the landside, to the outside of the furrow, or 90* from the end of the share.

It's a 10". The 12" were for a 3 point, and there was no threaded rod on them to adjust the angle because it was adjusted via the toplink on the 3 point.

Looks like a 12" to me. There were 12" Brinly sleeve hitch plows but they are much less common. I restored a 10" this fall and Hick's plow appears to be substantially larger. Another distinction is the reinforcing strap between the moldboard and the landside, though I have seen that on a few 10's also.

From all the measurement pix (which is how I measured it) and memories of Voc Ag class (don't ask how many years ago!!), I'm staying with 12".

Besides, Bigger is Better!!;)

And looking at pix of the sleeve hitch that I've found (JD calls them Integral), I can probably make one of those, too.

Perhaps a hybrid that would fit the JD and the D-A.

(can I talk about JD here? ? ;) )

It looks like a 12", and could have even started out in life as a 3 point version. I believe the horizontal cross bar bolted in the same place as the sleeve hitch clevis you see dangling in the picture. I converted a 10" sleeve type to 3 point for a Sunstar, so I don't see any reason why it couldn't go both ways.