Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord Restoration In Zippo's Honor

Simplicity7013H

Well, time for a winter project... In honor of my good friend ZippoVarga, I am restoring my 1964 Landlord and dedicating it to him. I have stated to tear it down and is in quite a few pieces. It will be a slow winter project to keep me busy. Hopefully it will be done in time for spring. But then again... Im not in a hurry. I will post pictures as I progress.

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

:o$$$$

id="quote">
id="quote">I've got the sandpaper and the paint from the last one I did... But then again the pail is half empty so I might have to get more paint. It's gonna take a lot of orange because all the tractor is orange even the transmission. Just the black dash.

You might consider finding a blaster close, Will save a lot of sanding. Most will do it fairly reasonable.

You gonna call it Zippo Trac ???:D:D

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

You might consider finding a blaster close, Will save a lot of sanding. Most will do it fairly reasonable.You gonna call it Zippo Trac ???:D:D

id="quote">
id="quote">I've got a hand held blaster gun but I need some sand and a bigger compressor. It's just going to be called the Ol' Landlord like Zippos

quote:Originally posted by Robert Kehoe

Ive been off for a while. Is zip ok?

id="quote">
id="quote">Think he's doing well... I text him all the time. So... Far as I know he's doing well. I was down at the Ranch in October and I Met him for the first time at the Portland show.

quote:Originally posted by Robert Kehoe

Ive been off for a while. Is zip ok?

id="quote">
id="quote">Was wondering the same thing...As for the blasting, unless you have professional equipment the results and time spent to achieve the results, will be disappointing. There are also significant health hazards (at least with silica sand) and its not worth it. I have a blast cabinet I have been using for small items and always wear a respirator when using the cabinet.

Originally posted by Chris727
quote:
id="quote">I've got a respirator. I'm planning on using my trusty pneumatic sander. I'm always happy with results of the sander. I sand the paint smooth then use a tack cloth and then prime. I was up for a challenge so I hooked the compressor pump to my tractor and got the tank up to 100 PSI. Tried out the blaster gun with some HFT black beauty mix and it works well but not worth the time for the whole thing.

Elliott I've got a 40 lb and cabinet, the 40lber was much qiucker than cabinet but also wasted a lot of black beauty material. The 207 I'm doing I blasted everything every happy with results, just that I didn't think to wipe with a tack cloth so repainting several noticeable pieces. You mentioned compressor I used to have a small one on my B 112 that I pulled my mini around a pulls mounted on front crank and had air tank under center worked real good for my needs. I have it mounted on a 10 gallon tank now in my mowing trailer w/6.5hp Predator engine.

Well, The Landlord is fully disassembled. There pictures are from a few days ago but seeing as the photo error is not yet resolved, I decided to upload from "The Bucket". The BGB is off but I cant get the rope start pulley off to allow for side plate removal. Parts are shoved away and I was able to cram the 7117 in the barn also. I use 10" rusted out hub caps for my storage trays. Now Ive got 50+ years of love to de-greasesm00

Rear End Dropped

iPod%20006_zpspqu0mlfy.jpg

iPod%20007_zps8nagrrsf.jpg

Pile O' Parts

iPod%20001_zpseceqbns6.jpg

The Frame

iPod%20002_zpszjgpxgmu.jpg

The Shop Crammed full

iPod%20003_zpsjmizstpc.jpg

The BGB

iPod%20004_zps3rhasccg.jpg

My Parts Dishes

iPod%20005_zps2gorqpo3.jpg

Have a Land lord about the same age still running. Only suggesting what I had to do, engine- change piston, hone cylinder just made max measurements before rebore, right side axle rebuild keyway (tricky) to do. think I still have pictures if you want a look, they were also posted on this site long ago about 3 years ago. Fixed a little of this and that machine works very well.

Still alive and well guys, and thanks a ton for the concern. I've found that FB is easier for my YouTube Subs to contact me on their machines, and they're keeping me SUPER Busy helping them out.

I'm more than honored that you're dedicating your 64 to me Elliott!! That means the world to me. I'll be sure to send you a little somethin somethin to add to her ;-)

Ugly Betty! There's already an Ugly Annie....well, there was any how. Now Annie has been replaced by Frankentractor. Bryan Osenga's Son has Frankentractor. Can you guys believe...Elliott put the Ol' Landlord BACK together to use through the Winter? This kid doesn't mess around!! I know the Ol' Landlord will be a fabulous restoration this Spring.

quote:Originally posted by ZippoVarga

Ugly Betty! There's already an Ugly Annie....well, there was any how. Now Annie has been replaced by Frankentractor. Bryan Osenga's Son has Frankentractor. Can you guys believe...Elliott put the Ol' Landlord BACK together to use through the Winter? This kid doesn't mess around!! I know the Ol' Landlord will be a fabulous restoration this Spring.

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm a indecisive person... GRRRRR!! I can't decide whether to tear it down AGAIN because I want to repaint it but then I got out of the mood and I can't stand the cluttery barn. It's up to you Zip:D

Heck it's coming apart again ... It's such bad weather that I can't do a thing sm00

I'm tearing it down and I'm going to paint it in the winter too! That's final!

I have gotten the dash, hood, grill frame, and fenders all sanded. The dash has been primed and painted with Rustoleum gloss black.

iPod 009.jpg

I have been struggling through cleaning up the 50+ years of crud that's built up. That is all done on the frame now, I have just the tranny to degrease yet.

iPod 008.jpg

The Crud!! XX(XX(XX(

57e06239d3f79_iPod009.jpg.0d515a6741615be997f9cb3bbd3a9821.jpg

57e06239e54a8_iPod008.jpg.bb730b2f8f09b1d5d246372e5c09366f.jpg

quote:Originally posted by ZippoVarga

id="quote">
id="quote">I've currently got Ugly Annie. Under the 7016 reconditioning threadwahwah