Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter?

davidmoll

Well the 6216 tractor w/snowthrower is ready to go for winter. Just have to lubricate, oil change and throw on the chains this weekend. But there is no sign of old man winter here in the northeast. Any snow and seat time for the members out there in the midwest or northwest. Any pics from this year? It will be chilly this weekend but right back up into the 50's for XMAS.

All the snow, SE Wisconsin, came in the form of rain last week, which equated to about 24" of snow. That is good as I didn't find my roof rake yet. :D

North of Milwaukee green looking grass. No snow and after 3-4 years finally got BLT's window motor hooked up to the blower chute....

Works great in the garage....

Over 100 accidents reported this afternoon on a stretch of US 131, our primary North South highway in the middle of the state. Lloyd drive carefully on your way up to Gaylord

No your not, Just watching Lansing news say there are accidents every where and yes we will be careful, thanks for the concern.

We decided to take the back roads to avoid accidents got to Pickney and roads were complete sheet of ice. Wife put truck sideways once and we decided it was not worth the risk of getting hurt or wrecking truck so decided to come home and try later Saturday.

quote:Originally posted by JohnMBerst

North of Milwaukee green looking grass. No snow and after 3-4 years finally got BLT's window motor hooked up to the blower chute....Works great in the garage....

id="quote">
id="quote">Ta Da !! :D

quote:Originally posted by isetta

Over 100 accidents reported this afternoon on a stretch of US 131, our primary North South highway in the middle of the state. Lloyd drive carefully on your way up to Gaylord

id="quote">
id="quote">Yeah...glare ice where I live! I had no snow on the ground at work (Byron Center) and 2-3 inches, and ice covered roads at home (Sparta). Crazy frikin weather.Most awesome thing? They started replacing my roof yesterday...My whole house is covered in this new fangled tyvek/tar paper combo...no shingles...and a hole the size of a skylight with only the underlayment over it...that room is COLD!

We're finally consistently below freezing up here. Dipping down in the negatives at night. Had about 6 inches of snowfall this past Wednesday, but that's about it. My 6212.5 and 2210 both got to stretch their legs.

quote:Originally posted by timflury

I was briefly considering hanging the mower under the Serf.sm00sm00

id="quote">
id="quote">Your welcome to stop over and do one last trim of my yard as all of the rain we had has my grass growing again!

quote:Originally posted by landlord2110

Blame it on global warming,uhh they call it climate change now

id="quote">
id="quote">Global warming is BS. My science teacher ( a real scientist with his doctrine who's retired from the scientist job now teaches. He's 67) say the earth has natural dips and rises in the temperature. Good new for you guys... Run your engines all you want. He says that "to much carbon in the air is also BS. It's all in check with the plants. Less carbon = less food for the plants. Every thing is in check. Besides, I'm glad there's no snow... I not a huge fan of it. I would rather have nice 50f weather.

quote:Originally posted by MikeES

We could start a whole big discussion on "Climate Change" in the Back Room Lounge like we did a few years ago.But I will take some of the blame. I was well prepared for snow early this year...and as you know "if you are prepared it will not happen" ;)http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/MikeES/wbsnwgrp.JPG

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm headed to the Backroom... I'm either searching for your old climate change topic or starting a new one:o)

No such thing as winter here in the eastern US; have set high temp records on several days and got very close on many other days.

Hopefully we won't "pay" with a cold spring followed by an immediate jump to record temperature setting late spring/summer.

We went for a ride Saturday morning looking for some snow and didn't see anything to get excited about. Left Traverse City around 730 am and headed for Gaylord, up to the Soo over to Whitefish point and back to Traverse. The most snow was between Paradise and Newberry, about 6-8 inches was all, and that was total snow on the ground not new snowfall.

3-4 at campground near gaylord,came home today rain most snow gone little ice patchs

snow 001.JPG

was snowing hard Saturday just south of Gaylord

snow 002.JPG

snow 003.JPG

3-4 in at campground

57e062316ba63_snow001.JPG.6577dc6fc8db4cb6efaddcbfdd77471e.JPG

57e062317594a_snow002.JPG.c933b58d3e9533b5e11b98b597d22e82.JPG

57e062322a5e8_snow003.JPG.9c96cc8caee4a6b6b8341268d128e35c.JPG

quote:Originally posted by JohnMBerst

We can sit on the patio of the Butler Inn......

id="quote">
id="quote">I'll bring some outdoor tossing games. :D:D