Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter?

davidmoll

quote:Originally posted by JohnMBerst

BLT controls the weather you know.....}:)

id="quote">
id="quote">The water has to be at least 12" thick B 4, I'll walk on it.^

I'm a wuss when it comes to ice. My rule of thumb is if people are driving quads and snowmobiles, I'll walk where they have been. If people are driving cars, I'll bring my sled. If there's 24"+, I'll drive where people have already driven.

Both times ice fishing, driving, I broke thru the ice, not much but to send my long underwear to the wash in the middle of and on of Wisconsin's deepest lakes. Path was marked. And then on a lake where the lake is very shallow and the ice goes back and forth close to the shore line and you go across a wooden bridge to hurdle the gap. It's/was a toll bridge yet to boot. Tried that once. Now I go to fish store.^That's why the water needs to be 12" thick B 4 I'll walk on it.

12/23/15 AM forecast for today rain and maybe isolated T'storms.

It's supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow through Sunday here in the mid atlantic. This is just WRONG!

I will challenge the rule of being prepared keeps the snow away as I have nothing ready. This should put us in the snow but no dice... Everything still has leaf collection/mower decks on.

Andy

Waldorf Md

66 degrees in western New York at 7 am Christmas Eve.

We have things budding here too.

I've gotten to the age I could do without snow for the most part, but this just ain't right. LOL

In southern New England we often have no or very little snow at this point of the winter season. We go 200 miles north to do X-mas with my wife's family every year and this is the first time in 20 plus years that there's no snow on the ground. There's not even any at the peaks of the mountains. In my old age, I don't mind. One year we got over 2 feet with drifting to 5 feet Christmas night that I shoveled for 4 hours straight the next morning to get my car out so we could go home! Merry Christmas, Dave.

In north Georgia It has rained since the 22nd, around 4 or more inches, Water standing in fields where I've never seen it before. Really warm, almost hot with record highs in high 70's over Christmas. (Our average is more like 50) I actually ended up turning on the AC in the house just to pull out humidity.

I mowed my lawn on the 16th, may have to do it again if the sun comes out before it cools off.

Hopefully you weren't affected by all the storms down south. Believe we were in the 50"s Christmas day, Today we're expecting freezing rain and high winds.1:30pm at least it's white ! Slipperier than snot on a banana peel

ice 001.JPG

57e062363f823_ice001.JPG.ff9f109816485590fe75307e876aae42.JPG

Freezing rain now. So much for antiquing today|)

At least we have been home on the few days that it hasn't rain so I could get as much done outside before the rain.

Here in SE PA, it was in the mid 60s (windy), and 37* last night.

Currently at 41*, going down to 35* tonight, with wind gusts above 20 mph. Suppose to have Sleet in about 3 hours (for 5 hours), and rain for another 3 days!

:(! Yesterday 40 MPH wind...rain sleet snow. Calling for 2-4"...We have 9" of heavy wet snow on the ground this AM. You can keep the white stuff now that xmas is over!