Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FDT blower and hitch on an RBT?

Simplicity7013H

This was on eBay...

474f8b08-78fc-4d80-8bde-64149f64f387_zpsjurvadeb.jpg

How did they get an FDT blower and the FDT hitch on an RBT? If it would work, I would definitely do this.

Well, headed out to try it on my 7016... I'll let you know how it goes! Sadly we only got a dusting of snow last night. But, I've got part degreasing to do so that's fine with medOd

Before I acquired a RBT two pulley hitch (non clutch) to use with my GTHL, I modified the FDT two pulley hitch by cutting off the clutch arm:

Old_Hitch_0011a.JPG

Old_Hitch_Mounted_0004.JPG

In my case, the clutch arm interfered with the frame. Maybe it won't on a 7000 series tractor. Or the arm was modified by the installer. I would have thought there would be a higher interference potential with a 7000 series tractor since I believe there's less space between the axle and frame.In my setup, the hitch clutch was engaged all of the time and I used the front electric PTO for turning the blower on/off. Both the hitch and snowblower were for a FDT. I had some issues with the belt staying on the snowblower pulley since I upsized the snowblower pulley (driven) to be as close to the stock RBT snowblower pulley size (7", I think max pulley was 6 1/2"). I also had to experiment with belt sizes to get the correct fit. Here's a couple of old posts about the belt issue:http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=24890http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=26570The system worked, but operation with a RBT two pulley hitch was better (less belt problems). The FDT and RBT are slightly different:

Old_New_Compare_0014.JPG

Old_New_Compare_0015.JPG

Notice the mounting ears are longer on the RBT hitch; this allows for a longer belt and less serve belt running angles. I believe that's why the RBT hitch setup was better. PS - All the pics were uploaded before in old posts (so they are available to add to a new post)PPS - Were you born when I wrote those reference posts? }:):D

quote:

PPS - Were you born when I wrote those reference posts? }:):D

id="quote">
id="quote">

Yes, I was born. Lol:D but those were still a long while ago. I was almost 2 years old. Lol

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

Well, headed out to try it on my 7016... I'll let you know how it goes! Sadly we only got 1" of snow last night. But, I've got part degreasing to do so that's fine with medOd

id="quote">
id="quote">1" of snow? We had less than dust.

Originally posted by goatfarmer
quote:
id="quote">It was still dark out when I looked and I just saw that the cement on the drive was fully covered. It turned out to be just a dusting. Shouldnt have said that without really knowing how much we got.

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

Well, headed out to try it on my 7016... I'll let you know how it goes! dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">And?

It worked well but I need a smaller belt and I didn't have one here. I was able to keep the engagement lever on and still get it in. It took a bit of monkeying to get it in. I managed to loose the engine shaft key|). Should be good to go by the time snowfalls... If the snow ever gets heresm00