Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tree house started, beware some green color

plastikosmd

Well, more of a deck in the sky, set up at 50 yrd line on my range. Will be good to shoot from, also adding a climbing wall and zip line for niece/nephews. I don't plan to add an enclosure, will just pop a tent up there to camp in or play in when they are up. Got 3 of the 5 poles in today. Deck will be 16x16 or so.

Poles are 25-30 ft

20151219_092758_zps2l92frp1.jpg

To wide for trail, so used the arch

20151219_093655_zpspjfzl5kg.jpg

20151219_094748_zpsz1l3hu4u.jpg

20151219_105959_zpsyx2anqm9.jpg

20151219_122120_zpsomdkmbvc.jpg

3 done, gonna be high for some 7 yr olds. Wish I had it when I was that age

20151219_150536_zpspjcmnuds.jpg

Pretty neat log hauler (the blue thing behind the 4 wheeler). Did you fabricate that? Could you take more pics of it? Did you purchase the pole?s or were they used from the power company? sorry for so many questions, but that is intriguing. JH

Car is a fun toy. The arch does not telescope. When using the lift handle I was able to pick up 30 ft telephone poles by hand but it was tough to push them on rough ground with 1 person. Using tow setup was a breeze

Good eye, I have 2 oliver oc3 and a ih t340 up there

IH is hiding, oc3 u see is parts for the machine under the deck. if u look close u can see it

• 2 weeks later...

More progress.

Wife saw me doing this...

FullSizeRender-2_zpsco6vvsfe.jpg

( I have angle iron on ram but still a pita)

Bought me this.

20160109_080242_zpsxqtrswi2.jpg

42 ft operating height, 32 ft extension. Honda power. Great little portable unit.

20160109_095432_zpstznuzkgz.jpg

I think I will try jumping out of a plane next, maybe get a jet?

No it does not have to be attached. I just move it around with the bucket on the deere.

I considered a 4x4 lift or scissor 4x4 but for the height I wanted, they ran 15k-17k lbs. Too much for me to trailer.

I like this one as the electronics are simple, Honda motor and easy hydraulic runs except for the in-boom run. Also the straight stick is relatively quick compared to some of the articulated ones. Articulated have some positive featured too but run more money. This was very clean and cheap for what it is.

He who has the most toys-- Right ? nice collection seems it would be hard for you to get bored:D

My dad has an OC-3 and OC-46 so kind of easy to spot, did see other once I looked again. That is one beautiful place you have there

Lol, well it is a nice ladder!

720, I considered a 46 also, I think I we will wait for my barn to be built before any more crawlers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• gwiseman
    • bkassulke
    • tadams
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts