Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bearing Source?

Bruker

I purchase bearings at a bearing supply house. I use good bearings as the Chinese are not quality and do not last long. I suggest checking to see if you can replace the bearings caps with bearing buddies commonly used on boat trailers. Make them easy to grease. Just measure the diameter that fits in the wheel. You will also have to fill the space between the inner and outer bearing with grease when servicing.

From reading this post, it sounds like Simplicity went away from a "standard", popular bearing for the front wheels like used in the Sovereign.

I picked up some Timken "made in the USA" bearings last month for the 7016H I picked up in September. They were $6.96 for a set (bearing and race) at the local auto parts store.

So why the need to change? Only metric tooling available?

Only the two inboard bearings on the tires need replaced, the outer one are just fine. I ordered a set of bearings as show in the e-bay link above.

quote:Originally posted by Bruker

Only the two inboard bearings on the tires need replaced, the outer one are just fine. I ordered a set of bearings as show in the e-bay link above.

id="quote">
id="quote">That's where I noticed the play in mine when installing the blower a month ago.