Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need Assistance With Sovereign Deck

Horvik

If you can find a larger pulley that works (might be a problem), the deck height adjusters will hit the bottom of the running boards. You would be happier with a deck that is made for the running board tractors. Been there and tried that.

I believe the all of 48" deck rollbars and height adjusters configurations are the same for both FDT and RBT tractors. Its the 42" decks that have the compatibility problems.

had a 48" deck off of 3212 on a 7016. changed mount from rbt to older deck. all holes were there. left small pulley on deck. deck run a little faster and did a great job mowing, used for over two years and never had to change a bearing.

My bad, I forgot there are differences in lift points. The FDT decks lift with a chain connected to the rear bail assembly. The RBT decks have the special eyebolt for the cable lift to connect to. I have a deck here from a 3212V that is has both types of lift points on it. The modification would be minimal. You would just drill a hole and add the eyebolt, but would need to make a hole in your belt cover for the eyebolt.

Originally posted by Chris727

My bad, I forgot there are differences in lift points. The FDT decks lift with a chain connected to the rear bail assembly. The RBT decks have the special eyebolt for the cable lift to connect to. I have a deck here from a 3212V that is has both types of lift points on it. The modification would be minimal. You would just drill a hole and add the eyebolt, but would need to make a hole in your belt cover for the eyebolt.[/Whatsa "belt cover" [?]666