Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Just picked a Deutz

Chris727

Figured with all the "green" on here lately this would be a welcome sight. Saw this on CL a few weeks ago and put a deposit on it. Went to pick it up today from somewhere around Sam's neck of the woods. Google put the drive at 3-1/2 hours each way but leaving at 9:15 A.M. I did not arrive home until around 8:30 P.M. after driving in torrential rains. sm00.

IMG_3918.jpg

I mainly wanted this:

IMG_3920.jpg

I already have uses for most of the parts. The wheels and tires are going on my 912 as well as the seat and hydrolift. The Steering wheel will go on my AC 917 and possibly the deck. I might put the power steering on the 7116H. They said the hydro trans was weak and when the dealer checked it out they said it wouldn't build pressure and needed to be rebuilt or replaced. I might go through the cylinders just to make sure they didn't get metal shavings in them. He also had the nice muffler and a good muffler shield to go along with the tractor. The KT engine is now in his B110.

IMG_3918.jpg.e8124721449dd09aca74de2708124c3a.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg.69202149fb922512d951ffb2623f8c88.jpg

Don't necessarily believe the dealer "hydro weak". These Sundstands are almost bullet proof, and it could just be a slipping belt or clutch pulley. You may just try an engine in this chassis as it looks pretty good, don't see a lot of wear and tear on the sheet metal, which may mean low hours.

They had removed the pump assembly and I received it in a milk crate. I thought a pressure test could have been done with the pump still on the tractor?

quote:Originally posted by TimJr

A KT in a B110?? Wow, that would be interesting. Any reason behind the missing section of front frame?

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm not sure why the front of the frame was cut. If not I might have just considered repairing this tractor as I have an extra KT17 that MIGHT be repairable without an overhaul. I could use some of the parts more. Here is the B-110 KT-17 conversion:

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

No mods were required to the frame. He said he had to raise the front of the engine a little and trim a little on the engine itself. The grille screen was a junk one so cutting it was not a problem. Despite being a purist, I thought it was pretty cool myself.

IMG_3917.jpg.34775127f704be4b668d413c110bde58.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg.7b881357291740f7dbb9284159f377ff.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg.cdae5e2b8e71e57698e36598211053a1.jpg

I would never have thought a KT would fit without seeing it. It is also a new color for me to see on a B110, I have seen yellow, orange, red, white, black, gray, purple, blue, and pink.

Dan

That's some careful "surgery" to make the KT fit. On the one you just picked those cutouts could be filled and welded.....

Yes I was amazed to see the KT in there myself. The color is Mopar "Grabber Green." As for my DA, the more I look at it the more I would almost rather just fix it as it looks decent, but then I already don't have room for anymore complete tractors and couldn't get my money back out of fixing it.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...that B110/KT is a real "Squeeze Job" No front weights needed on that one...

Congrats on the Deutz. I hate to see 'em get parted out, But that is a load of good stuff. 22+ Tractors & years of looking, But I've never seen that style PS...? Good Luck sm01