Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

For Sale pictures

720nut

Lloyd, no idea what computer system you are running, but on most, if you hover your cursor over a picture in your picture file a popup will tell you the info for that picture, size, file size etc.

Most pictures when resized to 640 by 480 will be about 100 kb, but if you have a good high def camera some will not. Ie; the better the quality of the picture, the more space it takes up.

At 640 by 480 many of my pictures were borderline too big and I would have to resize some twice.

To solve that, I set my picture resizer to 600 by 450 and rarely have any more issues.

Maybe it would help some of you guys that have trouble with pictures if I simplify what the numbers are.

The 640 by 480 is dimensions, how big the picture is.

The 100 kb is how much space (memory) it takes to create that picture.

For example, a picture of plain white snow would take a lot less memory to create than a colorful picture of fall foliage with grass and trees and lots of colored leaves.

So you can have several pictures exactly the same "size" (640 by 480) that take totally different amounts of space (kb) to store.

The club server does not care what is in the picture or how big it is, only how much space it takes to store it

Good answer Dan.

On all my pictures I have to resize below the 640x480, that size for fitting on screen without having to scroll over to see entire picture.

Then I have to save at a lower resolution to the below the 100K file size, all because of the settings on the camera when I take the picture.

Thanks Dan sounds simple but for someone like me it's not. I was wanting to sale a few things and would like to put picture with it. If you remember this time last year I was unable to even post to the site,I bought a Nikon Coolpix L32 camera that reduces to 640x480 for me but I believe this is as small as it will go. I just have a hard time grasping these computer things that everyone keeps saying is so easy. Don't want to take up a lot of space seeing how this has been rehashed a number of times. I'll have to look and see if my camera will go any smaller