Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow what a mess

ka9bxg

It was a bad day at my house. I had the blower on the 720 powermax I thought I was ready BUT this mourning when I got up 4:30am there was a drift 4 feet high in front of garage door got the tractor out and started blowing. That is when the troubles started first the engine bogged down so I had to go slow as I went. The throttle would not stay in place so had to hold the throttle in place plus run the hydro. I did get a few passes so I could get the truck out.

There was a lot of drifting some drifts over 3 feet deep on the road. I did get to the hospital in time to get a hernia repaired. Good thing I have a nice neighbor that came over with a big tractor and cleaned out the drive. Now I have to fix the tractor but that won't happen for a week or more Hope we don't get any snow for a while

The bogging sounds like points box moved had it happen a time or two to mine. My 620 has the same problem with the throttle, got to many projects going to worry about it right now