Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Chrome plating

720nut

Ken, already talked to them they don't do walkins only big corperate jobs. She was nice enough to give me #'s to three other platers that I need to contact.

Don't get sticker shock if you're quoted around $150 or more to have the bumper done.

It really depends on how much polishing is needed to get a good finish.

The grilles MIGHT be a little less, but close to the cost of the bumper.

I thought a kit like this would've been a viable solution, until I saw how much the kit costs. http://angelgilding.com/spray-chrome.html

I would also ask around and see if there are local shops that perform this service as opposed to the old school.

If your talking about the powder coating they don't have a actual chrome powder it leans toward a silver, I was wanting to rechrome because I've got so much time involved in this tractor already would be finishing touch.

Tim I've talked to a bunch of local people and all say about the same used to be but don't know where they went, I'm sure there's someone just got to find them

• 3 weeks later...