Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3416 H...Runs Then Quits

Horvik

Howdy;

Have the Briggs 16 HP 326431 Mill in my Simplicity 3416 H. After running for about half an hour, she quits with no warning . Checked the spark and is good. Area around the coil is free of debris as well.

So would appreciate ideas as to what is going on with it.

Plugged filter screen in fuel tank...bad coil that fails when it heats up...bad condenser...plugged gas tank cap vent..ect...

Does tractor start back up after it stops or does it have to sit a while before it starts?

I had a 3416 do the same thing, the fix, richen it up just a tad, never did it again. I picked it up because of the issue and went round and round and had given up, sometimes the worn carbs need a little help.

My Allis 416H used to do the same thing. In my case it was an overheating power relay/fuse that would heat up and kill power to the tractor. After a few seconds it would work again for a short while.

Hey fishnwiz;It has to sit a while before it starts up again. So how do you hav eit figured?Happy New Year

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Plugged filter screen in fuel tank...bad coil that fails when it heats up...bad condenser...plugged gas tank cap vent..ect...Does tractor start back up after it stops or does it have to sit a while before it starts?

id="quote">
id="quote">

I have had several similar issues and it turned out to be coil issues. My problem went away after the coil replacement.Best of luck

diconnect the wire that kills it and see if it does it agian if it does not then it is probley in the key swicth or wire connections but also be prepared to check for spark and gas right moment it quits also a few drops of water rolling around in the carb bowl

If she still cranks over after stalling then it is not the fusible link.

As fishnwiz stated above it could be the coil. When the coil gets hot the copper expands and could be breaking a weak connection that moves back together when it cools or it could swell enough to cause a piece of the coil that has lost it's protective coating to short temporarily.

Once it stalls check for spark.