Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simGTH16

Paint codes for simplicity Broadmoor

simGTH16

I am trying to figure out the proper paint codes for my simplicity Broadmoor ,, I believe it is a 1964-1965,,, I have another thread on it with pics under talking tractors . I appreciate any help on this matter , thank you

TimJr

Simplicity did not use paint codes ever, and there were more than a couple of manufacturers of the paint over the years making tractors that were only a year apart look a little different in the shade of orange. Same is true of the spray paint at the dealer - there have been a couple of paint suppliers.

For a true restoration, take a part like the fenders or hood to an automotive paint supplier after you have cleaned up the bottom of them - the bottom of the fenders or hood never saw sunlight(hopefully) and should be good for the best match. Otherwise, there are lots of other colors that people have used to make some good looking tractors that may not have been "correct", but still nice looking.

simGTH16

Ok thank you I have a good piece with the orange preserved quite nice , sadly I do not have any of the white pieces that still have enough paint left on the to match I don't think anyway , its more of a cream than white as far as I can tell but am not sure .

GrincheyOne
quote:Originally posted by simGTH16

Ok thank you I have a good piece with the orange preserved quite nice , sadly I do not have any of the white pieces that still have enough paint left on the to match I don't think anyway , its more of a cream than white as far as I can tell but am not sure .

id="quote">
id="quote">The best match up, I know, would be the Rustolium '7789 Canvas White", UPC 20066 77898 available in "rattle Cans" on order from Ace hardware.Be sure to use a matching primer, this is an enamel. I have had success with Their "self etching primer".Wayne