Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ready for winter...

Mike_H

I think...This is my Frankentractor. I know almost everyone has one...This will be the first I put her to work (if we get snow like we are supposed to). Its my first Simplicity, my first small engine rebuild, first tractor in general, blah, blah, blah. Taken me two years to get to this point. The hood is from a 3410 cuz I like the side pod lights, the hydrolift is from ebay and numerous other tractors, the rear lift is from another 7016 I had, as are the rear tires and chains. The seat is from an early 2000 broadmoor. I have a couple of little things to check. Big one is the blower pulley looks backward to me. I also need to finish up the headlights...Just connect the ground and power wires. It got cold tonight...

ready4sno.jpg

ready4sno.jpg.84a2167cb5370d4c3fae9f15fdaa09d9.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Gary

Yep, nice lookin' outfit! You'll like the 42" blower, they can move a bunch of snow.

id="quote">
id="quote">unfortunately, its only a 36" blower :(

Hope you get some snow so you can see it work. The only issue with the 36" blowers is you have to be careful backing up on the first pass since there's little side clearance. Especially if the snow is like this:

06Feb_0001.jpg

I'd also advise backing the tractor into the garage - no shoveling necessary to get the business end into the snow.:OAs to the blower pulley, if you're running the 7100 series single pulley hitch driven from the mid PTO, the driven blower pulley hub should be facing out (away from the chain drive). If you're running the 7000 series two pulley hitch driven from a front PTO, then the hub faces in (toward the chain drive). If the hub isn't the correct way for you setup, belt life is greatly comprised. Here's a pic of the correct belt alignment for a single pulley mid PTO driven blower:

BeltAlignmenta.jpg

06Feb_0001.jpg.1dd8f46b40a09f5deae2f2777fb56b63.jpg

BeltAlignmenta.jpg.7f7ccd192bcea8d7ab8bce21cfe1abd5.jpg

Thanks for the Pictures Bill. I'm running a two pulley hitch, off a front PTO. I'm pretty sure I'm set up correctly. I'll check again when I get home. I've been meaning to re-orient the tractor...I may be able to drive it back to the barn tonight. Have to get a piece of plywood down though...I don't want the chains damaging my BRAND NEW concrete.

quote:Originally posted by Mike_H

unfortunately, its only a 36" blower :(

id="quote">
id="quote">

I always felt a 36" threw snow better. More power per inch of auger dOd

Your machine might track outside your cleared path, however.

Looks like I'll get to test her out tomorrow. 5-8 inches for cast overnight. I'm kinda looking forward to it! How does my belt routing look?

20160109_132056-480x853.jpg

20160109_132056-480x853.jpg.c0f3ba3fe91424de36ef8b331bba7bb8.jpg

Mike don't know what you've got over there but finally snowing rather hard here. Might get to use my new plow and blower on 720, here's hoping

Only a couple inches this morning...I'm going to use it like a plow to fill the housing, then throw the piles, I guess...

Yeah..I didn't even fire up the tractor. It would have taken longer to warm up than it took me to shovel the drive...ok, slight exaggeration, but pretty close. Snowed off and on all day, got a couple more inches. Maybe tonight

Said 5-7 here then dropped to 3-5. Heck they even had a winter weather advisory but when I got up there was nothing but a dusting. Boy was the weatherman wrong.

Well Elliott we'll see what tomorrow brings, saying we're to get a few inches we'll see.

8:42pm and beginning to snow hard lets see what happens

Very nice! I'm curious about how you worked out the hydro lift, do you have a write up on that?

I've run 36" and 42" and prefer the 36". It's completely subjective, but I found the 36" throws farther, clogs less, and I had less belt issues.

Moved 2 last nite with the Sweepster, another 5 or so this morning with the 60" blade. I had a fresh inch or more before I even left for work, and suspect I can move 4 or 5 inches this evening. Finally getting some seat time.

20151231_160436.jpg

20151230_141905.jpg

Piped in some heat, too!

20160109_151117.jpg

Well, I have nice neighbors...He's retired, and like his seat time too...My drive is cleared, and so are all the neighbors! At this point, I think I may snowblow my front yard to test this thing out!

quote:Originally posted by drbrian722

Very nice! I'm curious about how you worked out the hydro lift, do you have a write up on that?I've run 36" and 42" and prefer the 36". It's completely subjective, but I found the 36" throws farther, clogs less, and I had less belt issues.

id="quote">
id="quote">Write-up herehttp://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=146804&SearchTerms=Hydrolift

• Who's Online (See full list)

• BLT
    • bsadler
    • tadams
    • lt-scir
    • littlefan
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts