Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

any of you guys mower racers

Hudco

any of you race mowers we had a local club a few years ago but lost our track and our racers thinned out so we havent had a race for about 5 years, i sure had fun racing

I don't race lawn mowers, but I do a have a fairly fast Yard Pro LR12. A neighbor gave it to me two summers a ago. I have plenty of Simplicity tractors, so what do I do with it? I found videos of fast mowers on YouTube, and I wanted to make one. So, last summer I sped it up! Right now it goes approx. 12MPH. It is the perfect gearing for yard travel in all seasons and it will do a gravel burnout like NOTHING! Over the summer I did put a TINY pulley on it and got it up to 25-30MPH, but I had a feeling it was too much for the trans. I did clean and re grease the transmission and would recommend it to anyone speeding up these transaxles. Mine is a Spicer. Even in the 30MPH wind, the transmission would get pretty warm after about a mile at 25-30. I slowed it down since then, but I LOVED flying past people at 30MPH while they're mowing their lawn going about 7MPH:D For a little while it was straight piped, but I felt the neighbors didn't like it.

Everything is stock except the rear tires and trans. pulley. I put the trans. belt around the mower deck engine pulley. I don't think I would go to the extremes of racing, but just like cruising around on it.

And yes, it does AWESOME in snow.

https://goo.gl/photos/AWjvan8hM7CuKvpW9

**PLEASE be careful! I found that thin wagon/cart wheels handled well on the front, but you will lose control easily going this fast!**

Lawn mower racing always intrigued me, but never had any around where I live.

A lot of garden tractor pulling in my neighborhood. I know quite a few pullers on this site.

I wonder how many members have pulled garden tractors?

quote:Originally posted by spi

Considering that these are tractors, the winner should be the slowest one.

id="quote">
id="quote">A local small tractor show actually has a slow race. The slowest tractor wins. Last year, an Allis Chlamers 5020 compact won the contest.

There used to be a small race track in Granger, Elliott. It was behind a dealer. But it was a tiny track, and all they did was go in circles. I would want a larger, longer track.

Yep, that's still there. Ive personally never been there but have had lots of guys ask me if I raced. Ill admit i would like to speed up my landlord like Zippo did to his Engine 44 but not racing. http://www.michianamom.com/Calendar/index.php/name/Modified-Lawn-Tractor-Race/event/8283/

I'm sure you know where camp Raybird is?? It's just a few roads over from you and our bus went right past your house. The school takes the kids there every year and they have a huge gokart track over there. My friend and I were able to open one of the barns and they have 4 gokarts. They've also got a nice red Ford F-150.

we pull a cub kadet wiith a 25hp kolher but there is only me and one other guy that has the sled to pull with but i realley miss the dirt track racing

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity7013H

Yep, that's still there. Ive personally never been there but have had lots of guys ask me if I raced. Ill admit i would like to speed up my landlord like Zippo did to his Engine 44 but not racing. http://www.michianamom.com/Calendar/index.php/name/Modified-Lawn-Tractor-Race/event/8283/I'm sure you know where camp Raybird is?? It's just a few roads over from you and our bus went right past your house. The school takes the kids there every year and they have a huge gokart track over there. My friend and I were able to open one of the barns and they have 4 gokarts. They've also got a nice red Ford F-150.

id="quote">
id="quote">Yeah, RayBird is just up the road, we fish North Chain quite a bit, by the camp. Never been back there to the camp.

its alot of fun wish we could have kept it together here. going into a curve at 30mph with about five others side by side in a areana can be very challanging, thats really pretty fast in an arena