Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Belly scraper blade?

hurleyii

So I'm going to pick one up today I think what should I look for problem wise? How can tell if it's a correct part for my tractors? 3400' and 7100's

I have a B10 belly/grader blade. It is a simple piece of equipment. Make sure the hitch is the correct hitch for your tractor, width and length wise. Width should match your front attachment point width and length should put it in front of your tires. For the FDT, it is behind the foot rest, conveniently placed so the rider can stand on it for extra down pressure. Mine has the bolts holding the blade to the hitch completely rusted, so to eventually flip the blade will require a torch. Make sure the cutting edge is in good shape. The lift is easy to replace n the older models. Just a piece of chain and a couple of bolts.

It's showing as 10 5/8 wide at front itch point . Looks to be 19" or just short to the adjustment bolts for the angle of the blade

After a second phone call I think it's for a FDT. I should be able to make it work though shouldn't I?

A FDT belly blade will work fine on a RBT. If it has stirrups, I think you'll have to remove them because they will interfere with the running boards.

IMO, it's a little easier to use a belly blade on a FDT since it's easier to stand on the blade. You have to use a wider stance with an RBT.

Actually, the stirrups are for the RBT's. They came on the later blades when the RBT tractors came out. That way you could still get your feet onto the blade to apply pressure. I agree, though, the FDT is easier to use a grader blade.

Well I got it but I don't think the blade is original . It says Paco on it in one spot and then partially in another. It's also set up so the blade could be flipped over. It doesn't have aany stirups or a replacable knife!

Well I've been searching the web for an hour plus trying to determine what I have!

First find of my blade was on a Gravely, then I started finding others of the same blade on random tractors. However I finally found the pic I needed to determine its origins.

It is an original FDT blade as I found a Black and white factory catalog pic mounted on a FDT.

I also found out that Paco is a Construction manufacturing company for such parts and is still in business!