Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sears snowplow on an AC

AC710

I am thinking of adapting a sears-type snowplow so I can use it with the AC 710 large frame tractor with electric lift. Right now I have it set up with a quick attach bracket on the front of the tractor. It works great, but it is all manual operated.Has anyone tried this? Any thoughts or ideas would really help.I have thought of adapting a standard Simp/AC type of frame, but I think I would like to try and use the mounting plates from the sears plow and add ears to attach it to the front axle mounts, with a "lifting wing" to connect with the AC lift rod.:DI know this is sort of like heresy, to put a craftsman plow on an AC tractor, but AC plows are few and far between in Montana, or very expensive to buy and ship here, so...:DHere are some pix of the current mounting and additional parts I have available to work with. I'm thinking I can use the front parts of the underframe bracket shown in the second pic. (I have the plow on my AC710 - I have relegated the Cub Cadet to mowing and do all the real work with the AC)

snowplow hitch compressed.jpg

snowplow hitch kit.jpg

57e05ac572c1f_snowplowhitchcompressed.jpg.594642a9db173c626d8dea241d185c33.jpg

57e05ac58561d_snowplowhitchkit.jpg.3cb271cbc186e1bb4e7179ddf5f6f3e4.jpg

Don't feel bad showing your trouble shooting here, even if it does require you use something not form the motherland ;)

If that's all you have, give it a shot, and keep us posted.

I am inclined to encourage you to show us the 710, however. dOd

Here is the 710. You can see the quick attach brackets on the frame. It works well for this plow and a winch operated bucket (another sears mod) I just finished installing the electric lift today. works great.Thanks for the pix. Looks like those plows are pretty low-tech designs - i.e. cable from the lift lever to the plow. I can't tell how they are lifting the one on the homelite - maybe with the deck cable??

plowing snow.jpg

snowplow on 710.jpg

57e06244b1d72_plowingsnow.jpg.2e634aa6395d985bcb75e8bf4be246f2.jpg

57e06244e6c1a_snowplowon710.jpg.b01e20bd8d391e4c35e6a25e467be73c.jpg

Here is the completed adaptation. I cut off the big frame shown in the pic with the cub cadet, and adjusted the brackets to fit the 710. I then added a lift arm using some pieces from the sears scoop. I disabled the lift mechanism from the sears plow but kept the angle function. It works just fine, except the operator is having trouble with "up" and "down" vs. "front" and "back". Nothing some practice won't cure.There does seem to be an issue with the electric lift and the clutch/brake linkage. I noticed the closeness when I installed the lift. I'll have to check that out. Probably needs a bend in the clutch rod. Has anyone experienced this?

snowplow electric lift.jpg

snowplow electric lift 2.jpg

57e0624845612_snowplowelectriclift.jpg.66e75e2e5f1e339fc1604a37bc5550ae.jpg

57e06248544b7_snowplowelectriclift2.jpg.74d788ab806b1b27fe4835db11edc27b.jpg

p.s. One advantage of the AC lift is that you can add a little down pressure to the blade. The sears design was gravity only.

The new design mounts to the normal implement brackets on the front axle.