Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

windshield wiper blade

huffy

Need a new one for my cab; existing one is old and dry rotted. Anyone know where I can find one that attaches with set screws like this? All the ones I've seen attach with the J clip thingy.I intended to just drill out that pin so I could remove that set screw insert and put it in another blade, but being naturally clumsy I broke the insert.

Wiper 1.jpg

Wiper 2.jpg

57e05ac5e6f62_Wiper1.jpg.ffe419aba6a16c3f8d7b00fa2f5965bf.jpg

57e05ac612d78_Wiper2.jpg.0a02be537384306359093e0f603cea07.jpg

Evidently they make an adapter thingy for old cars that slides onto a straight arm like that to adapt it into a J style so you can use the new-fangled blades. I did not know that.

Brett: that's how I found out about the adapter. I took the arm off and took it to Thirlby Auto to see if I could find a different arm with the J hook on the end. The guy there gave me one of the adapters.

When I had a metal cab, I went to napa. I think the stock one was 12 inchs and I upped it to 14 inchs. Been a while but remember I was happy with it.