Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor of the Month - March 2016

SmilinSam

Tractor of the Month Contest
id="size4">

March 2016id="size5">

This months contest will be :

"Any Restored/Fixed up Tractor"id="green"> id="size6">

Show us your restored or fixed up tractor this month, any size or age, and give us its unique story telling us what all you have done to it. Contest limited to the first 8 entries.

id="red">id="size5">

Voters will choose the best overall entry and its presentation id="navy">
id="size4">

Open to:id="size3">

All Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Lawn & Garden Tractors as well as all other names made by Simplicity and/or Allis Chalmers id="orange">id="size5">

Please Note:
id="size6">

All pictures submitted to Tractor of the Month contests should be sized to 640x480 to maintain consistency and neatness in presentation

Also: If contest criteria calls for multiple tractors, please put all the tractors in one picture, rather than posting a series of pictures showing individual tractors. Its the only way to get all your winning equipment, for such a contest, in the picture on the Club home page

id="size4">

Tractor of the month contest guidelinesid="size3">

1. For club members and registered users. This also includes all officers, moderators, and administrators.

2. The selection committee will determine each monthly contests criteria. Equipment that does not meet theme criteria will be disqualified by the committee and removed from the submission topic.

3. The tractors submitted can be a restoration, an original, a rescue, a modification, an extensive repair/rebuild - or as specified by the committee.

4. This contest is open for owners to enter their own tractors, or by having someone else nominate them - upon which owner must accept and post entry.

5. The contest is limited to the first 8 entries submitted. This due to the poll system only being able to accommodate 8 entries. Following the 8th entry, the contest topic will be closed to further entries. Votes will be taken in the normal time frame as stated below.

6. Post your entry as a reply to this topic. Narrative and pictures are required - This to tell its story, and to convince voters why it is deserving of being the next Club's tractor of the month.

7. You can enter a tractor/equipment multiple times (months), but it can only win once per year. Once that tractor has won, you cannot submit that tractor again for a year on any subject.

8. Each contest will have a entry submission period beginning the 15th day of each month and lasting to the 15th day of the following month. Once the submission period is over, the current nomination topic will be locked and the next opened.

9.Following each months submission period, a poll topic will then be opened and members will be asked to vote on the nicest tractor listed in the nomination topic. All members and registered users are eligible to vote. Vote will last for a period of two weeks , from the 15th day of month to the last day of each month. The new winner will be declared on the 1st of each month.

10. Wining tractors each month will be posted on the club home page for a period of one month, 1st day of the month to the last day of the month, and a Contest winners hat will be sent to the winner.

11. Please post only entries/nominees in this topic -- any other replies will be deleted.

12. All pictures submitted should be sized to 640x480 to maintain consistency and neatness in presentation. If contest criteria calls for multiple tractors, please put all the tractors in one picture, rather than posting a series of pictures showing individual tractors. Its the only way to get all your winning equipment, for such a contest, in the picture on the Club home page

13. Final vote results will be posted to Poll topic at the time the Poll topic is closed. These posted results are the official, and FINAL results that will determine the winner each month regardless of any further votes cast After the polls have been closed. This is stated because while replies cannot be made after a poll topic is closed, apparently votes can continue to be cast. Its a technical issue that we have to work around at the present time.

14. In the event of a tie, the following procedure will be in effect. The tied winners will share having their pictures posted on the Club home page, each having an equal amount of the months time in the spotlight. There will only be one hat awarded though, and so there will be a run-off vote between the tied members for the hat. This vote will last 2 weeks. The winner of this second run-off vote will receive the winners hat.

If a tied winner has already won a contest and a hat, the hat for the tied contest will automatically be given to other tied winner who has not won one yet.

id="left"> id="size1">

I would like go enter my 7013H which would be considered my "fixed up" tractor. It's my pride and joy and has the most sentimental value to me. Some guy blew the 13hp and scrapped the whole tractor. I bought it off of a flea market guy who bought it from the scrap yard. I paid $75 for it without the motor. The condition isn't the prettiest but is my favorite original I own. I have had numerous repairs to the electrical because I had no clue how to wire it because it was my first system tractor and the first one I did all on my own. Condenser was fried at least 5 times, magneto twice, carb trouble, and the biggest problem was getting a 1976 Briggs 9HP with the bubble on the oil pan inside the frame rails. I went off to camp that year (I HATE CAMPS!) and when I got back, my dad had CUT A HOLE IN THE FRAME!! I was a bit ticked but once I got the file out I made it look better and mounted the motor. The next challenge was to figure out the driveline. It has a hydrolift pulley on it for the spacers because I didn't know how else to do it. A week after it was running, I jammed it into reverse (I DO NOT do this all the time, most people say I baby my stuff) and the drive shaft bolts broke off in the flywheel fan. I ended up and welded a nut onto the top of the broken bolts and taking them out that way. After resolving many issues a beginner would make and re hooking up the OEM wireing harness, it is the best and most dependable tractor I have. First Drive... No S/G or muffler

rsz_elliotts_ipad_462.jpg

Current Condition:

rsz_fondas_cannon_043.jpg

rsz_fondas_cannon_044.jpg

rsz_fondas_cannon_045.jpg

rsz_elliotts_ipad_462.jpg.f891b4555addbbaae45b21d7e1cf6c81.jpg

rsz_fondas_cannon_043.jpg.0d419bd2c512f57f7572c035499311f1.jpg

rsz_fondas_cannon_044.jpg.dd6efe10c4d638c2dc4a439ca2fd1e03.jpg

rsz_fondas_cannon_045.jpg.63af7b205568514e85e55cafea3ddd13.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I will enter my Allis T816. I bought this up in Wisconsin before moving to Iowa. Hood was pure rust, tires flat, engine didn't run. The seller told me his grandpa bought it for a project and then health problems prevented him from ever working on it. I gave $150 for it. I repainted the hood, repaired all four tires, added a set of wheel weights I got from my good friend bear, and then went to work on the engine. I had an old 16 hp in the garage, and I picked up a used short block so I started with three engines, and made one good one from them. Then I had to work on the Vari-shift as it was frozen in place. Was suprised to find the tranny and vari-shift was in good shape once cleaned up. I also added an electric lift to it. Plans are for a 19.5 h.p. opposed repower this spring to finish the job. This is now my main snow removal machine (with 42 inch blower), and I do mow occasionally with it. I have the deck, blower, a tiller, and a heavy spring trip front blade for it.Steve

DSC01390.JPG

DSC01390.JPG.36cf2a3492b445ca373134eecae012f3.JPG

I guess I'll reenter my Allis 620. Last winters project, was basket case as had 2 engines did not run.Replaced hydro after I had painted it, motor rebuilt, external alternator build. Danco loader complete rebuild, new pump cyl rebuilt

620L 001.JPG

620L 002.JPG

620L 003.JPG

Loader arms and bucket not on at this time but spring project

57e06269a624c_620L001.JPG.1eef996bab83c579bf0004289bb22de7.JPG

57e06269b900b_620L002.JPG.e7b15c91a13e895957a29d407e1042d5.JPG

57e06269c95bc_620L003.JPG.13fed4be3c1194b988ed6c6916f007f4.JPG

Like to enter my 64 Landlord

IMGP0979.jpg

started out as a barn find and with some work

Copy2ofIMGP1067.jpg

started to look nice

IMGP1162.jpg

I still have to do some work and am having broblems adjusting deck

IMGP1187.jpg

im happy with the progress

mini-IMGP1158.jpg

TOM1_Mar_2016.jpg

hope to have it finished this summer

TOM2_Mar_2016.jpg

thanks for letting me share my hobby

IMGP1209.jpg

I guess I can throw my 7016 on here. I got it as a basket case. It literally came as a roller and three boxes of parts. I rebuilt the engine, added hydrolift, got a seat from a mid 90's broadmoor, added a rear lift, and finally, a hood from a 3415, cuz I like the light pods. She has given me some trouble along the way (what girl doesn't), but I'm holding out hope that she's worth it.Here is where I started...

7016H as aquired.jpg

Here she is, beginning of this winter

ready4sno.jpg

Working

Workin.jpg

Still a work in progress, as I currently have the engine pulled again, but I will not be beaten...though she may get named "Christine!" If I start pushing her backwards around the yard, well, watch out!Future Plans are to tear it all down again after I get the bugs worked out, and paint her up like a mid 90's sovereign. I like the black and orange scheme better than the cream and orange. I'll get the modern decals, and then count how many neighbors ask, "where did you get that "new" tractor?"

57e0626d77b27_7016Hasaquired.jpg.51704cb751d43de84a1d910d73dc8626.jpg

ready4sno.jpg.a7f904d314be8da01cdd986e85272a3c.jpg

Workin.jpg.bf6ae7893264b791243174d5e92b4632.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...