Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PowerMax 9020

johnmonkey

Hello folks, there a guy who has a relative that has a Powermac 9020 with a 19.5 HP Onan. It has the following implements; Sickle bar, belly mower, tiller and a bush hog, pro and 3 point hitch and has hydraulic tap lines (quick disconnect) located on the front of the tractor. He's asking $1,500.00...is that a good price..or to low? It doesn't run consistently (probably carb or fuel pump related)... any suggestions or feedback would be nice. Thanks, John H

Tell me where I'll have it, just kidding wife would kill me. Sickle $400-1000 depending on shape mower deck $400-500 Brushhog $500. New carbs $250-400 still available. I'm sure everyone here is hoping you'll tell them where.

Depending on condition the price is very reasonable. The implements in good condition are worth at least that much. Point adjustment and condition can cause performance issues on these engines.

Great tractor and implements, after a quick check of some basics offer $1000 buy it for $1200 }:) or $1500 it's a good deal.. Load up quick and get out of there before Lloyd or Phil or a dozen other guys show up with a trailer and green in their pockets:D

John,

Don't Listen to isetta:D

If you don't buy it, I will & have my brother-in-law in MD take it to his house until I get there to pick it up.

Really, with what's included, it's worth every penny of that. Keep in mind if you want it for your personal use, you will be reading a lot of posts on how to bring it up to speed.

There are a lot of friendly people here that will help you a long.

Hopefully you've bought it and not let one of these guys that just buy and part out. I realize we all need parts but some mighty nice tractors are just becoming partssm02.

Hi All

i have a simplicity 4041 9020 powermax 1973

with a sundstrand hydro transmission model 90-1113 serial 04-na 28089

the pump is so loud i have to ewair ear plugs realy now i am having problems moving the tractor & with implimints funchion....

i have tryed to find out how to prime this pump or find out what is wrong with the Hydrolic on this tractor

when I bought this tractor the kid said there was nothing wrong with it but HE Lyed it has never worked wright

iv had this for 3 yrs all it dose is take up garage space

I NEED HELP

I am stubborn will not sell it and I LIKE THE TRACTOR JUST CANT GET IT TO WORK

HELP

chevytruckm@gmail.com

im not sure i can find any ones replys on here so here is my email thank you

Mel (brokenagain)- you will get a better response by starting a new topic. Check out the search function and look for discussions on rebuilding the pump. It is common to the Powermax, Simplicity 4040 and 4041 and AC 616, 620 and 720. Give some idea on how handy you are as a mechanic and what you have already tried. e.g. have you checked out fluid levels? Did it work OK when you tested it out and bought it? Has it gradually got worse? Are the belts all adjusted and driving OK? Hope you get it working and get to enjoy it soon.

Mel,

First thing to do is to change the fluid and the filter with the proper Simplicity filter. The pumps (and the similar Sovereign/Sunstar/early Legacy ones) are pretty indestructible. Often aftermarket filters are too few microns rated (too good/fine) and restrict fluid flow to the pump.

CarlH is on the money here. Mel if your fluid looks clean I would recommend just changing the filter to a Napa Gold 1307 and see if that solves the problem. If that does not solve the problem then more troubleshooting is required. Could be collapsed rubber hose, very hard to tell, or could be an issue inside the hydro unit itself but as CarlH has noted they are well built units.

Mel just curious does it seem to squeal or make other noise. Mine the bearings on drive shaft are bad and squeal, brand new belts stretched and slipped. could be any number of things. hose, filter, belts?