Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tires...

Mike_H

Looking for some different turf tires for my 7016. I want something that is going to grab in the dirt, but not tear up the yard too bad. My main mowing tractor is the broadmoor, while the 7016 will get the heavy duty tasks (tiller, revitalizer, other "work") My dad has a golf car, with these on it...

41AIMN7%2BmCL._SY355_.jpg

They are called Sahara Classics, and they are fairly easy to find in a 22-10x12 size. I believe they are patterned off the Carlisle All Trail. They are about 40 bucks a tire cheaper than the Carlisle though. The tread is pretty open...I'm sure the Carlisle is a "better" turf tire.

t_all_trail_tire.jpg

The Carlisles are MUCH easier to find in the proper size (23-10.5x12), unmounted...Thoughts or suggestions?

I used them on a juiced up cart, and they were great on turf and hardpack, but in loose dirt and snow, they were worthless. The tread is not open enough, and packs full of snow or dirt quickly. Much like a tractor turf tire will when tilling a garden. Might not be an issue for your use.

I went to a more open ATV style tread and they flat out rock in anything I can point that cart at.

Been looking for tires...I didn't realize how many variations of Lug tires there are! Also...Wow are they expensive! I seem to recall reading that the firestones are the best, but you couldn't get em anymore...

Are they anything like this?

FIRESTONE TIRES

s-l500.jpg

REALLY Spendy...

I have a set of the ones you posted ,,, They do very well have them mounted on a cub 125 (wrong color I know ) with a belly blade , they do a decent job ! But my personal favorite are the Carlisle Tru powers , I have these on 3 of my other tractors including my GTH16 they do a great job , I mow with the GTH and they never tear up my yard even turning sharp around trees and such http://www.ebay.com/itm/23X10-50-12NHS-4-Ply-Carlisle-Tru-Power-Tires-Set-of-2-/221969598857?hash=item33ae6b4989:g:lcYAAOSw1S9WcCYw&vxp=mtr

Those Firestone 23s have always been available...maybw not in all sizes. I feel they work through snow and really loose soil/mud noticibly better than TruPowers, which I otherwise like real well. My Firestones are also wearing extremely well...we will see how the burden of a 700lb backhoe strains them.