Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mid-Atlantic future this weekend?

GregB

Pulled this off the Weather Channel web site.

weatherchanpredict2.jpg

Looks like I should get busy with putting blower on tractor, huh?Why I always wait to the last minute.............:OIts not like I do not have multiple tractors to choose from.

Not soon enough!!!!!!!!!

I am 27 miles north of the Mason Dixon line in the 12-18 Purple prediction are . Glad I am not between DC and Richmond!

I'll believe it when I see it.

3 days can change a lot. Move the storm a bit to the west and the warm ocean water makes rain for me.

Looks like were being spared on this one near Worcester, MA. Had to clear snow only 4 times this winter with nothing big <4 inches. Ski mountains having a tough year up this way. More rain then snow.

I have resigned myself to the fact that tomorrow I'll Have to burn a vacation day to prepare. Right now we are on the edge of the 18-24 and 24+ line.For sure the cab is coming down from the attic given the winds on Sunday.Me in the last really big storm:

917cab1.jpg

917cab2.jpg

I need seat time too.

The only storm we have had so far my lady got to plow while I was trying to fix the other tractor.

I can't hold it against her though, she encourages my tractor obsession. :)

The only snow we had here in Green Bay was on the 28th of December.We had 12 inches the bad part I had to go in for another Operation same operation again.(Not happy) I got out at 4;30 in the mourn and cleared out the drive so I could get out. In the afternoon I called my 83 year old neighbor to come out and plow out drive.Had 3 foot drift in front of garage.Good thing it was not very cold out.Good luck with your snow and don't send it here.

Hey Greg see your getting hammered, we'll expect a full report and of course pictures

winter 001.JPG

This is what we are having, kind of a bummersm02

57e06253ee209_winter001.JPG.c5d5965220d84710b9669dfa1ef121d4.JPG

No action shots yet, they say another 8-12" till it is over.Had to go out and scrape the drifted snow off the wood shed fiberglass roof, It was bowing from the weight of the drifts.But views out the windows:

smallroof.jpg

smallsilver.jpg

And a lousy view thru the screen of the snow machine waiting :

smallwin.jpg

Looks like the weather people got the long range forecast correct this time. Have about 8-10" so far; it's hard to tell with the winds that are picking up this morning. I'll definitely have a lot of seat time tomorrow.

IMG_9101.JPG

Edited by PhanDad
removed extra pic

Whats wrong with this picturengr2ngr2

smallbroke.jpg

I hate it when things break !!!!!!!!!!!Bolt in the rear two piece upright broke or came out. Replaced the bolt but something is bent.Tomorrow I'll deal with it, when at least it will not still be snowing.

This is what awaits me:

IMG_9104a.JPG

IMG_9102a.JPG

Still snowing some. I'll probably wait until morning.  Unless I get the itch.....And Greg, can you get a door open? Definitely darkens your day.

Edited by PhanDad
removed extra pics

When I was blowing earlier in the day the piles were above the blower housing. Had to go in, then back up and hit it again.

If I was not asked by the wife to make a dog run, I would have waited until tomorrow.

quote:Originally posted by PhanDad

I'll believe it when I see it.3 days can change a lot. Move the storm a bit to the west and the warm ocean water makes rain for me.

id="quote">
id="quote">That would mean ice buildup in the turnaround a the end of the 400 ft drive! Lsst year it was 8 in, and did not go away til April, Another way to use a revitalizer?It is a PITA when I am legaly forced to take the runoff from the 5 upper properties (state law).I have 18" outside the garage door, at 8 PM, and it is still falling! We are currently under "Blizzard Warning" Allentown PA recorded 31.7" this storm (so far). sm00Yesterday was spent splitting burn lengths of firewood, to het my 4 bedroom home. I was two months behind in harvesting this year. Of course I have to tend the furnace every 4 hours. there goes all "red/orange ride time" and projects.sm02 Tonite calling for 15*, winds 12-25 mph, gusting! Snow to taper off by 5 AM.Greg, I was wondering when the "johney bucket" was going to get its annual rest!sm00

Things to be grateful for...No power outage (yet), the splitter ony "blew" one low pressure hose this week,No trees came down over the drive, or house (yet), my 2110/12 is running (o far), The storm will end (eventually)dOd

Good to know you've not lost power. Been watching some of the snow fall totals, haven't seen any like that since I left western Penna. in 98.

Machines are really going to get a work out,keep us posted.

Wayne,I have not used the Johnny Bucket for snow in years. Just never updated the signature picture. (Beard is even grayer now:()But here are some action, and after pics of my cleanup.

smallblow.jpg

smallinside.jpg

A view down the hill to a resting 917.

smallview1.jpg

View from the wood pile back towards resting 917.It earned its keep this storm, 18hp Magnum twin was grunting from the overfull tall piles.

smallwood.jpg