Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1690715 Garden Tool Kit

DenBob

I recently acquired a moldboard plow bottom and now have found out it is for this kit, which was made by Brinly. All I have is just the plow bottom, no drawbar or hitch. Does any one have one either to sell or get specs so I can get one made? From what I see, you got a plow, disc, and cultivator and switched the hitch and drawbar from one tool to the other. I called Brinly but no help there. Thanks.

Welcome to the club Did you check there web site?, last I was on they had pictures of all they make. pictures of what you have would help to identify.

Not Brinley.

Part number is Simplicity, link below gets you to operators manual with parts list.

Brinley must have made it for simplicity as their name appears in the manual.

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8coN6rE3CN_5kbp796Dq.pdf

Welcome to the club site .

Lots of info here, learn to use the search feature.

Also a lot of Reference material on the Simple Tractors site also.

I went to the manuals site in the Simplicity site and pulled up the owner's manual/ parts manual for this mfg number and it shows it. The drawbar is different than anything I have ever seen before. I have the old Brinly part numbers, and the parts drawing, but need more specs if going to build it. This setup must go back to the early to mid eighties, as I found shown as an attachment for the 7100 series or AC 900 series. If I can come up with a rear lift for my 7116, it would be a perfect match for it. Otherwise it will go on the B12 or HB212.

The drawbar on the right would be the one for the 7116, and 7000 series Simplicity. The drawbar on left says compact tractor, maybe the Sunstar line tractors.

There were a couple of guys here on the site welding up the correct drawbar for your 7116. There might still be a dimensioned drawing around also.

I have used the one on the left on my B-10, but had to space out the right side of the rear hitch plate with a couple of washers where it bolts to the trans.

I'm not talking about the hitch as just pictured by Yukon, but rather the clevis piece that hooks to this and the beam that goes back to the shank of the plow. This is not a curved beam like the usual Brinly plow and is different from the regular Simplicity plow. Use the model id number I listed and look it up in Simplicity manuals and it shows a good view of what I'm looking for. I don't have a way to post that picture to here.

Dennis, I see exactly what you are talking about, and agree...Brinly built. I know the Brinly built plows carried Simplicity and Allis part numbers for some time, after Simplicity stopped building their own plows, cultivators, etc. I have seen this setup, but never realized it was offered with a Simplicity mfg#. It's surely available through other brands as well.

1690715a.JPG

1690715.JPG

1690715a.JPG.cd6fa9e65f8366692b09095cab36cd32.JPG

1690715.JPG.62d425bac0f0f9a1af197279546e92bd.JPG

I have wondered if this curved beam and hitch adapter would work, but am not sure about the hole spacing on the vertical standard. I can get them from Brinly.

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

Boy that plow needs shined up !!!

id="quote">
id="quote">I need a reason to! Give me a time and place dOd I've never actually used this particular plow. I prefer the Simplicity plows, but this one was too nice to leave behind.