Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC616, AC620 hydro lever

GLPointon

My AC616 (AC620) Hydrostat lever has a second "locking" lever (squeeze to unlock). It is missing a "spring & ball" assy. and I dont know how to rebuild this or if the parts are even available. OR would I be better off trying to buy the whole lever assy. used?

Thanks very much for any advice, instructions or part #'s sm01

Greg, check with Randy in Corunna Mi. he has adds on Craigslist for engines and tires. He's parting out a couple and sure he'll have one. I've bought off him real easy to deal with. I hate to see people parting but I guess when we need parts it's only choice.I have one but ear marked for my diesel conversion if I ever get to it.

The spring and ball are common to the large frame tractors with Vickers hydros (3416H for example).

The ball is 5/16 diameter at any hardware store.

Look around, you may be able to improvise a stock spring from the hardware store. Or buy a new one PN 166046

John U

Thanks Lloyd, do you have his contact info or user name?

quote:Originally posted by 720nut

Greg, check with Randy in Corunna Mi. he has adds on Craigslist for engines and tires. He's parting out a couple and sure he'll have one. I've bought off him real easy to deal with. I hate to see people parting but I guess when we need parts it's only choice.I have one but ear marked for my diesel conversion if I ever get to it.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Thanks for the link Rick! thats what I need sm01

But I order from Joe as a last resort. (I dont like to see nice tractors butchered just for $, there's plenty out there in poor condition for parts, without killing the good ones)XX(

John I tried to repair this one but I think its too loose to hold the ball & spring?? I dont see how it all fits. I wish I could see a good one up close...even the parts diagram is too vauge for me sm00dz:drl

Greg on Craigslist there's an add for a engine in Corrunna Mi. I don't have his # anymore. When I get back from driving bus this morning I will try and get a picture of my 720 linkage

Greg, here is some pictures, kind of hard to see with out tearing apart

720linkage 001.JPG

720linkage 002.JPG

720linkage 003.JPG

720linkage 004.JPG

I know there not that good but hard to get done in there. Hope they help

57e0625c578a0_720linkage001.JPG.3cf656f950fe9c6c5d53e46d3f34f87f.JPG

57e0625c6c21b_720linkage002.JPG.22531a415605ea0dfa080598f5fe1926.JPG

57e0625c7cb8e_720linkage003.JPG.a9bfcf0dd59458fbdfb1c0e311f75dec.JPG

57e0625c93557_720linkage004.JPG.c97546042e43f816542dd645a0856f0d.JPG

Thanks Alot Lloyd...Those do help. not sure what holds spring in place?? does it sit in a recess behind the ball? Also is this meant to hold/lock the lever in any position? or only where the groove is? I just remembered I have a HB212 in boxes/crates in my yard shed...Maybe it has a similar system..?