Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

712 ADDED TO THE COLLECTION!!

simGTH16

The 700 series Allis are one of my favorites. Good size, but still a relatively short wheel base. Also sits lower to the ground. Helps when you are mowing slopes.

Next year I hope to have a dedicated 700 Series for snow blower duties.

You made a great score. It's in great shape. Add an electric lift and you'll be all set. Does it have a mechancial or electric front PTO to drive the snowblower?

And like others have said, IMO, it's the best sized tractor. This summer I was able to pick up a 7016 in great shape. It'll alternate mowing duties with my A/C built Homelite T-12 that's the same size.

It has a mechanical front and mid pto , Do you know if they make a hydraulic lift kit for it or just electric ? Got a deck with it too , needs some work but not too much ,,,I think it and the 16GTH will split mowing duties this summer dOd

Another one of my projects, to add the Hydro lift. Have the ported trans already installed, have a "kit" of all the other parts. Decided I am going to use a bolt on brake pedal bracket instead of welding bushing to the frame.

Thank you , that is a very helpful thread , I know what to look for now !dOd,,, I really do appreciate all the help I get on this site , thanks everyone !!

Keep an eye on Ebay. Occasionally, a complete Hydro "kit" will pop up. Or get ahold of Rokon2813 (Dan). For a while, he had one complete, and ready to go. Don't know if he sold it or not. For the price he was offering it at, you can't go wrong. I did it for slightly cheaper, but it took a lot of nights in front of the computer, scouring EBAY looking for deals, and figuring out how to make things work.

ok I will see what I can come up with thanks Mike ,,,, hoping we get one more snow this year so I can try it out dOd

• Who's Online (See full list)

• John Levis
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts