Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7119H Hydro

ketchk

this is my second year with this tractor. when i start it up it takes about 2 minutes for the tractor to move or the plow to lift no wineing nothing then it comes to life and works great. it is about 15 -20 degrees out . i checked the trans hydro fluid its fine any ideas

ketchk;

A plugged filter may do that...also perhaps the fluid needs to be changed, depending on your interval. Is it sunstrand ? And what type fluid?

it is a sunstrand and using ATF type f last year was working fine i did nothing to trans and just started (needing to warm UP) i was thinking of spinning off just the filter and replace it I don’t know how to bleed the system

If you google bleeding air or purging from tractor hydro systems there are several articals and suggestions on clearing air from your system. Good luck!

if the charging pump is slow to prime what dose that mean. i guess ill change the filter first any advice on what brands to buy or what to avoid if i just change the filter do i have to bleed the system i did find the way in one manual i have says take spark plugs out and crank engine till wheels move

I have a Simplicity 7100 operators manual it says how to drain and change trans fluid. but dose not cover bleeding system i have googled and find ow to bleed craftsman systems and z turns but nothing as classic as a 7119H Help i just want to change the filter the book says leave the fluid alone unless burnt thank you

looking at the machine from the rear,left side, past the filter is the breather tube. there is a lil relief valve in the top that has to be pulled up to purge the air from system. i use a pair of hemostats to hold it up while filling.

i lift the wheels off the ground and cycle the machine forward & reverse for a few minutes each way. then recheck fluid level.

hey citiboy2977 found the vent tube. the part you lift up must of rotted years ago. all i have is a pipe cap .guess i can just leave it off and bleed then screw it back on