Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity sovereign 3112 Hydro

I would like some clarification on this please. The hydraulic fluid is low in the canister where the filter is, Iam not sure as to what type of fluid goes in here. It looks like transmission fluid. What type do I use?.

There is a round cylinder on the left side of the tractor that says to use 10w 30 oil and to fill to line, but I cant find no line what is this for. Iam getting a lot of questions coming your way as I am new to the Orange tractors.

Are you referring to the transmission fluid or the hydraulic lift fluid? They are separate systems and use different grades of oil. The hydraulic lift uses 10w-30 motor oil. The transmission uses Dextron ATF.

I hope this helps you to fully enjoy the use of your new/old Simplicity tractor. Take care of that tractor and it will take care of you for many many years!

You have a Vickers hydro transmission. The original fill was the red ATF fluid - Dexron. That's what I'm still using in mine. I believe others have used other ATF fluids. IMO, it's best to use whatever is in it and not mix fluid types.The round cylinder is a hydraulic lift. It probably looks like this:

IMG_2161a.JPG

You can see the fill port on the tank. I believe the "fill line" is on the decal which is in bad shape.If you put "990468" into the manuals search box you'll be able to download instructions for the hydraulic lift. (Manual link can be found at top of this forum page, fourth "sticky" post down.

IMG_2161a.JPG.bd2269df54fc91234023ba49695d0d19.JPG

Great pick up on that 3112H. I was second in line for it if you hadn't bought it.

I'll email you an electronic manual for the 3112H and the hydrolift.

Welcome to the club.

3112H HP 12 Product 990499 /500 Engine Model 300421 Engine type 0127-01†

The six digit product number will get a operators manual and parts list by going to the same sticky as mentioned above. Most or a good portion of the parts are NLA but you can use them as reference as there are used parts still available.

I have a fully restored 3212H with a snowblower and a custom built cab and it is a great little tractor. I have got to figure how do the picture thing. Tried once before but did not work

quote:Originally posted by BLT

Welcome to the club.3112H HP 12 Product 990499 /500 Engine Model 300421 Engine type 0127-01†The six digit product number will get a operators manual and parts list by going to the same sticky as mentioned above. Most or a good portion of the parts are NLA but you can use them as reference as there are used parts still available.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thank-You got the manual that should be of great help.

quote:Originally posted by Blazerjeepman3

I have a fully restored 3212H with a snowblower and a custom built cab and it is a great little tractor. I have got to figure how do the picture thing. Tried once before but did not work

id="quote">
id="quote">Any pics of the home made cab, Id love to fab something up for those cold Iowa winter sub zero days.Thank You to that replied. Very helpful information to say the least !I think I got the orange bug going this weekend to look at a Simplicity 707.