Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Last year BGB tractors were made ?

Tarheel

Hi all, long time no see. Hope everyone is doing well.

I have a 1692452 That I bought new a number of years ago. In talking with someone about it I was asked what year was the BGB tractors last made and I couldn't recall.

Anyone care to remind me ? Thanks

The Sovereign ended its reign in 2000. 1997 gave us the 75th anniversary machines, and there were 3 more model years after that.

I have Simplicity catalogs that show the Sovereign offered for sale through 1998.

I don't have a 1999 catalog.

The 2000 catalog doesn't list a Sovereign.

I bought this one somewhere around '04 I'm thinking. Watched the guy un-crate it. He had a warehouse full. I guess I could call to find the exact dates.

I did notice that the manual I downloaded from Simplicity was dated '02 but I'm not sure that meant anything.

Thanks for all the input.

Clearly I was mistaken. I defer to Les Kriefel's history page of June, 2000. Always been an FDT fan, so my knowledge of RBTs, especially newer ones, is obviously lacking.

Here in the TN river valley near Knoxville we only got about 4" of snow. All the areas around us, except south toward Chattanooga, got much more... We were very lucky.

The last four product numbers of the Sovereign series was model year 2000 Model, product number, engine make, engine model, spec number, operating RPM

Sovereign PS 18 1693407 Kohler TH18S PS-54511 3600(±100)

Sovereign 18 1693409 Kohler TH18S PS-54511 3600(±100)

918H PS 18 1693411 Kohler TH18S PS-54511 3600(±100)

918H 18 1693413 Kohler TH18S PS-54511 3600(±100)

Hello, My sovereign is # 1693409 When I bought it it had a blown triad engine it know has a briggs vanguard. Below are some other model #s from Partstree I know some of the sovereigns Had Power Steering those #s are listed below 1693407 - Simplicity Sovereign Garden Tractor w/PS, 18HP OHC Hydro1693408 - Simplicity Sovereign Garden Tractor w/PS, 48" Deck, 18HP OHC Hydro1693409 - Simplicity Sovereign Garden Tractor, 18HP OHC Hydro1693410 - Simplicity Sovereign Garden Tractor, 48" Deck, 18HP OHC HydroThanks Ken in Mi

simp tractor leaf pickup 004.JPG

57e0626242c1d_simptractorleafpickup004.JPG.76ca15e4d752caf983ef6fcc38865371.JPG

i just talked to a simplicity dealer the other day and he said they stopped producing the sovereign in 98 and in 99 and 2000 they sold off the inventory.

quote:Originally posted by hurleyii

So since this is a current topic what would a PS 75TH ANNIVERSARY tractor be worth brand new?

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes it's a Triad and he says it has a warranty still

One sold near me for $4500 a few years back (std steering).

It had been collecting dust for about 15 years while having a $6500 price sign on it.

It's a brand tractor so accordingly it still has a Simplicity warranty!

Parts is my issue as well, where is the parts coming from for the tiller to be hooked up or snow blower? I mean a lot of those parts are NLA

It's a brand tractor so accordingly it still has a Simplicity warranty!Parts is my issue as well, where is the parts coming from for the tiller to be hooked up or snow blower? I mean a lot of those parts are NLA

id="quote">
id="quote">If you read the fine print ,I think there is a limitation of warranty on a new product. I know from my days working with Detroit Diesel and Allison, you were fine for two to three years after the product was shipped from the factory and after that there was some major kissing to be done to honor that piece of parchment. And since the Triad fiasco, Briggs purchased Simplicity, ten years ago? more or less. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=34515&SearchTerms=plant,tour

Hmm. Interesting if I get serious about bit I'll read carefully. I figure I would contact simplicity as well and see what they would say. I mean I know that the Triad has some issues. Can you make it reliable though?

There's a post on here from Al saying what you should do to overcome some of the original install issues.

If I remember correctly, one thing was to remove the valve cover driven fuel pump. Over time it made the valve cover gasket leak and the oil leakage would collect debris. That would lead to overheating and a dropped sleeve. Another was to cut some holes in the cooling shrouding to allow better air flow.

It's a brand tractor so accordingly it still has a Simplicity warranty!Parts is my issue as well, where is the parts coming from for the tiller to be hooked up or snow blower? I mean a lot of those parts are NLA

id="quote">
id="quote">Exactly what I have been told as well by my dealer. New has the 2 year warranty. If the Triad blew they have replaced them with Commands in the 2 year warranty period in the past.

That being said, if they were to find a NOS Sovereign in a warehouse somewhere, and it was the last year made (be it '99 or 2000), they may warranty it. But the reality is, even at that it would be a tractor, even though "new" pushing 16 years old.

I agree - 2000 was the last year listed. I suppose they all could have been leftovers. As for the Triad - again agree on the comments about the fuel pump and the oil leak causing debris to stick and then overheat. As far as the warranty - get it in writing from someone. Yes, it would be new, but I am sure someone up the chain would not just go for paying warranty on a 16 year old item. I know there are still some of those, especially the 75th Anniversary models that are new, unsold at a dealer. And yes, there was a time when if the Triad blew up under warranty, a Command was substituted. If I am correct, they basically sent you a kit from Al Eden. His Command repowers were fully authorized by Simplicity and Kohler as a proper repower, unlike some of the other repowers sold out there. Tim

I'd love to see Briggs bring back the Sovereign in an updated version. I'm surprised they at least didn't offer a tractor that continued on with the Sovereign name, since they still use Regent and Broadmoor. Maybe they will in the near future, since I understand the Legacy XL is pretty much done.