Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Motor ID help

huffy

I picked up a Simplicity 1080 walk behind blower today. It has a 10 hp Tecumseh on it, but I can't read the serial # on the tag. I'd like to try to find the manuals for the motor. I assume they used the same motor on a bunch of different stuff, so I thought maybe someone on here might know the #?

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

HH100 might get you close, but Tecumseh had several models of each hp

id="quote">
id="quote">thanks Dan.

The HH100 is a cast-iron block engine and is a very different bird from the more common aluminum models. Simplicity never used the HH engines. What is the MFR# of your blower? I have a tech document that lists the engines for each MFR#. That model 1080 was offered from around 1979 up to around 2000.

Thanks Bob. There is a tag near the bottom of the blower housing, on the left side near where the motor bolts to the frame. But, it's old and grungy and very hard to read.

I didn't notice any numbers on the top of the blower housing when I was fiddling with it yesterday, but maybe I just overlooked them. I'll look again today.

quote:Originally posted by huffy

Thanks Bob. There is a tag near the bottom of the blower housing, on the left side near where the motor bolts to the frame. But, it's old and grungy and very hard to read.I didn't notice any numbers on the top of the blower housing when I was fiddling with it yesterday, but maybe I just overlooked them. I'll look again today.

id="quote">
id="quote">Tecumseh had a bad habit of stamping the numbers on top of the blower housing and then fastening the starter button module over it. Over time moisture and rust made those numbers a real bear to read.