Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Orange D/A 1920

Simplicity7013H

Hi All, my school has an orange 1920. The paint looks original but you can see green paint underneath. Could it have been dealer reconditioned? It doesn't make sense why the school would paint it. It's Simplicity orange and I don't think they would have took the time to get a PERFECT match to Simplicity Orange. Any thoughts?

Is the original engine in it? I would be curious to know the date code. The more common find is Simplicity orange beneath spring green. It's pretty common to hear of various Deutz machines that were early and simply Simplicity or Allis tractors painted green from the factory. Perhaps this is the opposite where there were left over DA tractors when the brand left the line and the factory painted them orange. I would also think it's extremely likely that it was done at some point afterword.

Elliot, my bet is it started life as a Deutz Allis 1920 & was repainted by the dealer before sale to the school. Agco bought out US DA ag group & immediately changed brand color back to orange because farmers/customers made it clear they preferred orange to DA green. Or a Simplicity dealer got a deal on units already painted DA green & simply repainted to sell.

quote:Originally posted by yukon

run the serial # thru simplicity manuals.

id="quote">
id="quote">Good luck on serial numbers. If you ever find the gent who has them, you'll probably get the key to Ft Knox.:o) You're better trying to find the product number, engine brand, Kohler M & CH & Briggs or engine serial numbers. Kohler has serial numbers by year in some of their service manuals.

The very first DA Ag tractors after KHD combined with AC were orange with DA white on black decals. These were probably left over ACs already painted.

It is conceivable that the same thing happened with the garden tractors.

The air cooled German built Ag tractors were never orange.

I'm looking into buying it... It had a loader but the scrapped it|)

they will probably be asking a fortune for it but its still worth a shot:D