Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HF 20 percent off a single purchase this weekend!!

hurleyii

Better check with your store, I've gotten different responces to that from managers. Store in Howell,Mi. says no, Jackson,Mi. unsure so as of yet I haven't purchased. Members have said online?

Hello, I am as practical (read cheap! ) as the next guy It is a great engine for $699 , Nothing else out there in the the price range!!

3 years ago I got lucky and bought a 16 Hp Vanguard for $750 to repower a sovereign.

Thanks Ken in MI

Kohler 18HP command for 800.00

Waiting to hear what comes with that.

HF manager would hate me as that add has no limitations and I would be an adshole !

Well if you download the coupon with your phone some print to small to read comes up and Predator is not part of the discount

If it were me, I would be all over the command. There is a reason the preditor is cheaper. 90 day warrantee is meh, does not show confidence in their motor. Commands are tried and true! The preditor may be fine, but a command, go baby go!

quote:Originally posted by Burntime

If it were me, I would be all over the command. There is a reason the preditor is cheaper. 90 day warrantee is meh, does not show confidence in their motor. Commands are tried and true! The preditor may be fine, but a command, go baby go!

id="quote">
id="quote">Output shaft has been tapered. I'm still considering it but that limits me on my blower. I don't have the middle pro setup.Sometimes you are paying just to double your warranty.

You can still get a straight output shaft Command...

Repower!

The price is pretty high, but it does come with a muffler, mounting plate, and anything else you'd need to bolt it right in. I've been trying to talk the wife into letting me spend the cash!

The commands are usually like 1400 to 1600 wo a muffler. I would snap it up if I needed one. This is new not used. Not long ago a used motor would bring that with a muffler.

quote:Originally posted by Burntime

I like the Honda, but 800 is NOT command cash. Double it and then your paying new. No clue on the kawi. Probably just as nice.

id="quote">
id="quote">I was speaking of the actual proper Command for our tractors at the 1,200. And up price

I loved the command, mine was upped to 20hp. RayS has a 20hp Honda and loves it as well. I was going to put the 24hp Honda in but sold off the tractor. You cant go wrong with either. I hear the kawis are good, but like the vanguards, you have to keep on valve adjustment. Plus, Honda coupler is 150 bucks. Go big or go home!!! lol.

My concern isn't the parts but where it was made.

I'd buy a Honda or Kawasaki if that wasn't a concern if I had the extra cash to spend.

Our clothes are made in China, Towels Tiwian, Shoes Korea, Cars Japan, Germany, and Mexico. Yet we wonder why we can't find a good paying job.