Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Do you know what this is?

TimJr

Yup, I was hoping it would be a little tougher than that... I hadn't come across one in many years. I think they are a neat little part. In parts, it looks like they were only on the 3300 tractors, but I have seen some that didn't have them. May have been removed, or possibly very early or very late production and never had one.Part number should be 171935, which is NLA.

1002032Small.JPG

1002032Small.JPG.9770126f1290b9de861f1c746dcac562.JPG

I would think it would be super handy for snow removal or tiller work. My bet is, it was a late add to the series, since the need for it was diminished when they went to a rod for the rear lift (no need for a lift 'float' to prevent lift damage).

When did the spring loaded front lift rods debut? Maybe around the same time? I would think this would be a great retrofit to a FDT manual lift as well. I distinctly remember pushing snow as a kid with my Dad's 2110/42" blade, and when I would get to a dip at the end of the drive, if I was still pushing down hard on the handle to scrape, it would 'lock' in the down position and suddenly I would find my self unable to steer as I returned to level. As a youngter, getting that lift lever freed up while it supported the weight of the tractor, out in the street, was a real task.

I use the spring loaded rods on my B's all the time after the ground freezes. Helps keep the ice pack off the gravel driveway.

I've become accustomed to hydrolift in float, with a stinger on the back, for a 46" dozer. I like that setup, and don't miss the upper body workout. 8D