Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow blower hook up on 1706h

straub18045

HELLO!

Im new to the forum and wanted to make my first post.I recently picked up a 1691522 blower attachment for my 1706 and the belt is a few inches too long, what is the correct length? going to the mid pto?

Under the hood of tractor? I don't remember numbers underneath there, but i will look. The belt that came with is 1666798 at 147" and a few inches too long.

quote:Originally posted by straub18045

HELLO!Im new to the forum and wanted to make my first post.I recently picked up a 1691522 blower attachment for my 1706 and the belt is a few inches too long, what is the correct length? going to the mid pto?

id="quote">
id="quote">Welcome to the club. On the LH side above the engine is a credit card size label with a product number starting 169XXXX along with the S/N . The S/N is not too important but the product number is. There appears to be a couple of different numbers. And I think your tractor is a 1716H.

I no on the tractor the #'so are 1690202, I will check the engine when I get home, I called the dealer and they weren't much help

You have a 7016H Simplicity tractor.

Using the 1690202 mfg # at the Simplicity manual download site gives you this operators manual:

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCyEN8atG5rE3CNj5kbp796Dq.pdf

You have a "7000" series tractors. The snow blowers for those tractors were designed to be run from a front PTO with a 2 pulley hitch.

The "7100" series tractors snow blowers were designed to run off the mid PTO with a single pulley hitch.

The mid PTO setup is different between the tractor series. The blower heads are basically the same, but the driven pulley is mounted with the "hub" in with the 2 pulley hitch and "hub" out on the single pulley hitch.

Sounds like you have a 7100 series setup (single pulley hitch with matching blower) you're trying to on 7000 series tractors. Some have done it, but it doesn't work as well on the 7000 series tractors. The 7000 series PTO pulley "aims" the belt to where the mower deck driven pulley is. The 7100 series tractors have 2 pulley mounting tabs to change the "aim" point in addition to other differences. And as you found out a different belt length is required. Plus I believe the belt wears out much quicker.

If someone doesn't post about their experience doing what you're trying to do, then do a search on the site and you should be able to find this subject discussed.

Ardisam helped some one who had a 712 tractor, A-C's version of your 7000 convert his tractor to a mid pto drive. I don't remember for sure what belt he got, I'm thinking an A140, 142" belt. He used the side plate from a 900-7100 series, the PTO swing arm and pulleys. You can shoot a PM to him and see if he remembers.

OK will do, kinda bummed, I do have a single pulley hitch, and my front pto is gone from previous owner. But got the set up cheap so thought I'd give it a try.