Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tecumseh Microfiche #30

Simplicity_728

quote:Originally posted by Simplicity_728

Does anybody have a copy of Tecumseh Microfiche #30? Thanks

id="quote">
id="quote">What does it cover?

I had someone asking about one of these cards through one of my eBay listings. Is it about RPMs?? If its in a paper service manual somewhere I might have a copy but will have to do some digging.

Chris,

While we're talking Tecumsehsm01. Tecumseh owns(?) Peerless which manufactures the rear ends for Sunstar's, Sunstar snowblower and tiller right angle drive gearboxes, and the reduction gearbox for the Sunstar 2000 RPM rear PTO. Some of these components are also used on Deere equipment. Do you have any parts lists for these?

quote:Originally posted by CarlH

Chris,While we're talking Tecumsehsm01. Tecumseh owns(?) Peerless which manufactures the rear ends for Sunstar's, Sunstar snowblower and tiller right angle drive gearboxes, and the reduction gearbox for the Sunstar 2000 RPM rear PTO. Some of these components are also used on Deere equipment. Do you have any parts lists for these?

id="quote">
id="quote">Carl, try this. http://www.odref.com/peerless/

Yes it's fir engine RPM. The Tecumseh repair manual says refer to microfiche #30 for engine RPM range. I was wondering because I have a LEV120 that sounds like it's running a little slow.

I thought Peerless was broken off of Tecumseh after the bankruptcy of Tecumseh and that Ariens picked up some of the pieces of Peerless. Maybe I am all wrong.

By the way, I wonder how many people are wondering what a microfiche is? I have what I was told by Diane? at the Simplicity tech pubs department that I have the last unopened full set of Simplicity and Deutz-Allis microfiche that they had back in the mid 2000's.This is my other set of Simplicity. Those purple and white cards are priceless.

100_5467-2.jpg

If you haven't found the info you are looking for, PM me - I can't remember if I have any Tecumseh cards or not. Tim

100_5467-2.jpg.8690949ad0c17ade23136b7e918ef63d.jpg

Yes it's fir engine RPM. The Tecumseh repair manual says refer to microfiche #30 for engine RPM range. I was wondering because I have a LEV120 that sounds like it's running a little slow.

id="quote">
id="quote">How big of a mower blade are you turning? If you're running anything BUT a WB mower, 3600 plus or minus RPM gets the job done. Walk behind mower speed is controlled by blade tip length, 19,000 FPM. For instance a 24 in measured diagonally mower uses up 6.55 ft per rev. Divide 6.55 into 19000 and you get 2900 rpm. A 3.5 HP engine won't hack it at that rpm so you need to go to a larger HP to deliver the desired HP at the slower RPM.

quote:Originally posted by TimJr

By the way, I wonder how many people are wondering what a microfiche is? I have what I was told by Diane? at the Simplicity tech pubs department that I have the last unopened full set of Simplicity and Deutz-Allis microfiche that they had back in the mid 2000's.This is my other set of Simplicity. Those purple and white cards are priceless.

100_5467-2.jpg

If you haven't found the info you are looking for, PM me - I can't remember if I have any Tecumseh cards or not. Tim

id="quote">
id="quote">Now all that your missing is a reader for those cool cards!dOd

I also have a couple of readers and a collection of fiche - Simplicity, Kohler, Pontiac, Oliver, etc. The Holy Grail for me is a printer or scanner to convert to PDF (I have quite a few). Had a couple of Canon boat anchors that never worked right and a lot of $$ to fix.

Do you mean like this? It is fully functional. I have a second, smaller non-AC one that I have on my desk to use. The AC one is packed away - just too big for my desk at this time. I can't remember what year mine is. Seemed like when I took it apart to clean it up there was a date inside. I may also have seen a sales bulletin announcing the sale of this style too. Seemed like mid 1970's? It came from a long gone Allis dealer in town that was called Fremont Farm Equipment. I have had it for many years.

AC microfiche  1645-2.jpg

AC microfiche  1646-2.jpg

57e062754ee3e_ACmicrofiche1645-2.jpg.5fe30915adcf109da834f70fc38aba41.jpg

57e0627561f41_ACmicrofiche1646-2.jpg.3c26d52ad73d899f04ebf62acd5ae0b5.jpg

It's on a Craftsman Yard Vacuum/chipper

id="quote">
id="quote">Nick.I have the Tecumseh cards. There are multiple listings for LEV120. I need your spec number if you can find it. Also thought I'd post up some pics of the various fiche readers offered to AC dealers:

Image.jpg

001.jpg

Image.jpg.82384f3de42bd69b9fe234805efe624b.jpg

001.jpg.6524b9c09ea2d8b3ed635d8411570f52.jpg

I was unable to find 321082C. Its not a valid number on PartsTree. I was able to locate LEV120-361082C and it's specs are:

High RPM = 3500

Low RPM = 2150

Both these values are + or - 150 RPM.

• 3 years later...