Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

trans bearings and seals for 101

Hudco

my 101 has the white cowl i think that ihave the right part numbers looked up, my question is will these part # interchange with numbers i can get at a local bearing house (axle bearings and seals) mine have beenleaking for a few years 153068 brg. 154269 seal. 154290 brg. 152041 brg. 153068 brg. 105058 brg. any input will be very apreciated will start on this very soon also is there a service manual that can be down loaded for this trans. thank you

Today your p/n's begin with 2 XXXXXX and followed with SM . If you have a Simplicity dealer try them first, if not NAPA of all places might have what you need. Bearings and seals are fairly common items. For them the original number will be the ticket.

our local bearing house could not do any thing with these part numbers napa could not ether. whent in to add them to our briggs order and said we can not order simplicity parts. so we will check our rotary and oregon catalogs

Not very likely with the aftermarket companies. After you disassemble it you can get the manufacturer's bearing numbers off them. With those numbers NAPA or a Bearing House may be able to furnish what you need. John Deere can also cross the Simplicity numbers to theirs if they have a comparable item.

Be careful, even with Simplicity dealers. The last deck bearings I bought from a Simplicity dealer were made in that fine section of the world called China. They are still in my cabinet, took one to Motion Industries and bought SKF bearings. If the dealer has new old stock, you might luck up and get decent bearings.

I would take it apart as Chris says, get the old bearing numbers, then allow someone to look for what you know will last. Tearing the tranny apart, while not a lot of trouble, is no fun due to premature bearing failure.

Sandy Lake (advertiser here) got my bearings, seals and bushings for my rebuild several years ago. The BGB rebuild parts came from Motion Industries and a local Simplicity dealer. You get what you pay for with known brands, most of the time