Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign Hydro Llever Modification question

Horvik

Hello;

Some time back there was post in how to lengthen the Hydro Link arm to effect more travel to the hydro. Can someone direct me to that link?

Thanks

Not sure what you mean? Are you trying to make the hand level travel farther? Or would you like to make the Link that connects the lever to the spool longer, and effectively shorten the travel of the hand lever?

You can't really increase the range of motion of the implement lift itself...unless you start swapping cylinders.

If you want to take the "cushion" out of the hydro control, there is a couple of small holes in the shaft on each end of the spring which you can insert a hairpin or cotter key. This will take lock the spring action solid. This will make the hydro more responsive and jerky.

If you are trying to get more forward speed then you need to go through a complete linkage adjustment. Pretty hard to go through all the steps in this forum.

I have done this reset on a couple of tractors, that were adjusted way out of whack. You can tell by looking at the trunion arm and see if it is traveling the full distance needed.

It is easy to adjust to get full travel forward and sacrifice some reverse speed.

On the sunstrand I just put more washers in, it was not jerky. I had a 7117 that someone used cut copper pipe to fill the section with a wash on each end, that was jerky!

Horvik, what I posted is for the Sunstrand.

If you have a Vicker's...you can remove the quadrant that the lever is connected to and then you can get more travel out of the lever and thus more speed especially in reverse.

I have removed the quadrant plate on my HB212 to get more speed for reversing. I used it to plow snow and with my layout I was backing up as much as going forward and it sure made snow removal a lot faster.

Be Careful! Without the lever connected to the quadrant plate the speed can run away on downhills and stall on uphills if you are not hanging on to the lever and holding it in place.