Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors


Vent Question on BGB

Recommended Posts


I'm the one that mentioned the vent. Since then, I did see that on some models it is forward, under the tractor frame so it can't be used for filling. I don't have a 3400 series to look at, but I'm guessing that is your issue.I'm guessing your tractor looks similar to this, the vent is hidden.On this tractor 3300 series, it is located just about under the sticker.

3300 bgb.jpg

I'm used to the earlier tractors, where the vent is exposed. This is what your looking for, the vent is a red square plastic plug.

b10 bgb.jpg

Later, they integrated the vent with a dipstick and moved it to the rear.

7114 bgb.jpg

If you can't get to the vent, you will have to fill through the street elle.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • Larrybell57
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Chris727
      (37 years old)
    2. jdwilson
      (65 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

    • Dean McFadden

      Dean McFadden

      Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

      · 1 reply
    • thedaddycat

      thedaddycat  »  SmilinSam

      It's in pretty sad shape, but yes I have a yellow plastic cap that I'm fairly certain is what you need. PM me your details and I'll get it out to you.
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts